Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Need HELP! With foggy windshield

Old 07-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Isaiasgon is on a distinguished road
Isaiasgon's Tacoma Gallery
Need HELP! With foggy windshield

So Everytime I drive I get a Hugh amount of fogginess outside in the bottom center of the windshield. I tried the defrosters but nothing, It seems that the only way to get rid of it is to use my wipers but it comes back even worst sometimes. also tried rainx and anti fog rainx ( but I used it on the outside even though it's only for inside use). I have tried googling it but nothing. Does anyone know what I could possibly put on the outside windshield to stop this? I'm at the point to call safeguard and get a new one but it's expensive. HELP PLZ!!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Year around, hot or cold weather only?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Year around, hot or cold weather only?
Well right now it's really hot and humid and it's when I use my a/c but It seems to be the only one with this problem around here.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Mine goes away after a bit. How long did you wait? Try not blasting AC on high right away?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Mine goes away after a bit. How long did you wait? Try not blasting AC on high right away?
I usually just start the a/c on the first speed, but even when I'm driving it won't go away. Unless I blast the heater to high and wait like 10 minutes
Old 07-18-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
it happens. nothing you can really do
There must be a way cuz this never happens on my buddies taco
Old 07-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think this is what you're talking about, (this was on the inside) but do you use one of those sunshades? I used to until I learned how it was the reason my windshield was always hazy looking. Quit using it and no more problems.

Those things cause some sort of oil build up from the heat. Not sure of the science of it but someone told me this so I quit using it and sure enough, so now I don't use them. I got sick of cleaning my windshield all the time.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
Rackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
Rackster's Tacoma Gallery
AC Setting

What setting are you using? Does this happen regardless if you have it on Defog/Defrost or blown on your feet/cabin?
Old 07-18-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
I don't think this is what you're talking about, (this was on the inside) but do you use one of those sunshades? I used to until I learned how it was the reason my windshield was always hazy looking. Quit using it and no more problems.

Those things cause some sort of oil build up from the heat. Not sure of the science of it but someone told me this so I quit using it and sure enough, so now I don't use them. I got sick of cleaning my windshield all the time.
I never have used that but I do appreciate u telling me this cuz I was actually planning to get one but not anymore, my fogginess is on the outside closer to the bottom center.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackster View Post
What setting are you using? Does this happen regardless if you have it on Defog/Defrost or blown on your feet/cabin?
It happens on all if I have my a/c on, unless I have the heater going
Old 07-18-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
Quote:
happens to mine all the time haha
Lol so u know the pain and frustration I am going through, unless u don't care for it to much.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #14
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
as long as it doesnt creep up too much it doesnt bother me...tho sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #15
Quote:
as long as it doesnt creep up too much it doesnt bother me...tho sometimes it happens sometimes it doesnt.
I'm at the point to where I want to pull out my windshield and not use it lol ( not really a smart thing though )
Old 07-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #16
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Cold air blowing on the inside causes the humid air on the outside to condense on the outside.

It's exactly the same thing that happens when it's cold outside and you and the GF are getting hot and heavy inside.

Make sure the AC is blowing on the dash vents and not in the "defrost" position.... all the way to the left, or the position at 9:00 if you want some cool air on your feet.
If you have the control at 8:00 or 9:00 and you're still feeling air blowing from the defroster vents in the middle of the windshield, you may have a blower door malfunction.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #17
greenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenrustic is one of the sharper tools in the shed
greenrustic's Tacoma Gallery
Happens to me too. Its annoying so I only use the defrost when I absolutely have to.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #18
Rackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to beholdRackster is a splendid one to behold
Name: Kevin
Rackster's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't run into this yet with my Tacoma, but it did happen with my Ranger. I changed the setting to blow into the cabin and it cured the windshield build-up of condensation....but it would sometimes collect on the rear window especially on very hot and humid days. It could be that your AC is blowing colder than it should. Most wouldn't consider that a problem I suppose, but the higher contrast would result in increased condensation buildup.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:58 PM   #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Cold air blowing on the inside causes the humid air on the outside to condense on the outside.

It's exactly the same thing that happens when it's cold outside and you and the GF are getting hot and heavy inside.

Make sure the AC is blowing on the dash vents and not in the "defrost" position.... all the way to the left, or the position at 9:00 if you want some cool air on your feet.
If you have the control at 8:00 or 9:00 and you're still feeling air blowing from the defroster vents in the middle of the windshield, you may have a blower door malfunction.
Interesting but this only happens when I use the ac though
Old 07-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
Happens to me too. Its annoying so I only use the defrost when I absolutely have to.
It really is and isn't dangerous too?