Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

First Waxing

Old 07-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
Omar will become famous soon enough

Omar's Tacoma Gallery
First Waxing

I have heard that you should not wax a new vehicle until it is 6 months old, so since I picked up my truck I have been just washing it every now and then. But I feel like the paint is getting a little beat up, between tons of bugs and just recently tree sap that I had to get off with simple green and rubbling alchohol. It's also starting to get water marks on it and I would really like to get a full detail with good coat of wax to protect it.
It's been five months (built and bought in Februay) and a couple of people have been telling me it's long enough. There is a local guy that comes highly recomended and he has an opening this sunday. So do you guys think it would be OK to have him do the full detail, in and out, this soon or should I wait a little more? Anything particular I should have him do?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
You're absolutely safe to wax. Your vehicle has had clear on it for a lot more than five-six months now. Hell, I wax my vehicles a few weeks after I paint them.

As for the full on interior/exterior detail. I'd save the cash on the interior. I mean, the truck is less than a year old. Unless you really need it, I'd say save the cash, and spend it elsewhere. As for the exterior, do it! It's very important to keep it waxed to preserve the clear, and finish.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #3
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Wax to the max like you were taking karate lessons from Mr. Miyagi.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Factory paint is baked on; you're safe to wax right away.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #5
Omar will become famous soon enough

Omar's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys. appointment made for this sunday. I gotta drop it off and he said it would be at least 4 hours. sounds like a long time