Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Upholstery Cleaning

Old 07-26-2012, 11:34 PM   #1
smallxfires is on a distinguished road
Name: Tom
smallxfires's Tacoma Gallery
Upholstery Cleaning

I have a carpet cleaner coming to clean my house in a couple weeks. (Think a van with a hot water extraction unit). I was thinking about offering the guy a little extra to clean my trucks interior, I have the sport seats, does anyone think this could be an issue? Would that much water damage the foam in the seats?
Old 07-31-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the excessive amount of water can be problematic to the seats. It'll take forever to dry too. Nothing wrong w/ pulling your seats out and letting the guy do a thorough job on the carpet though.
Stick with a standard cleaner for the seat fabric. This goes for headliners too. Don't soak them.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #3
masshole taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Big Daddy
masshole taco's Tacoma Gallery
I would at least ask him about it.. worst comes to worst you take a wet dry vac to it after he's done and pull out in left over water.. Besides how hot is it Orange County today? Roll your windows down a crack and I'm sure the heat will dry it out as well.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:26 AM   #4
jamesclarke160 is on a distinguished road
jamesclarke160's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallxfires View Post
I have a Carpet cleaning brisbane coming to clean my house in a couple weeks. (Think a van with a hot water extraction unit). I was thinking about offering the guy a little extra to clean my trucks interior, I have the sport seats, does anyone think this could Carpet Cleaning Sunshine Coast be an issue? Would that much water damage the foam in the seats?
Hello Smallxfires do you always hire carpet cleaner or use DIY carpet cleaning methods? My carpets need cleaning session and I am not willing to spend on professional services. If you can help it will save me some money. Waiting for reply
Old 03-31-2013, 05:52 AM   #5
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
I've used a small upholstery cleaner on car seats all the time. Just use hot water. On a warm day, the seats will dry out in like 5 or 6 hours. No problem.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
PPower05 is a glorious beacon of lightPPower05 is a glorious beacon of lightPPower05 is a glorious beacon of lightPPower05 is a glorious beacon of lightPPower05 is a glorious beacon of light

Firefighter: IAFF 1664
Name: Perry
PPower05's Tacoma Gallery
Had no issues, wife left a gallon of milk in the Corrola and left it in there for 3 days (95+ degrees). It blew up, rented a rug doctor, cleaned her car and mine. No problems what-so-ever, just crack your window to let it dry it...