Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Waxing Your Shock Bodies?

Old 08-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Waxing Your Shock Bodies?

I just got some Fox shocks for my new LT kit, and I was reading the paperwork for them and they recommend waxing the shock bodies every so often? Is this really something I should be doing? How would you go upon doing this, removing the tire is a no brainer but it would be a pain in the ass to have to wax around the coils. Just wondering if anyone else does this.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
I'm OCD when it comes to keeping my truck clean, but that would be where I draw the line. I wouldn't waste my time on that. What's next waxing the axle??
Old 08-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtgroce View Post
I'm OCD when it comes to keeping my truck clean, but that would be where I draw the line. I wouldn't waste my time on that. What's next waxing the axle??
Frame too.

That'll be in the 3rd Gen owner's manual as a routine maintenance item, and if not done, they won't warranty rust issues
Old 08-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food
Monkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeysuncle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Monkeysuncle's Tacoma Gallery
I go to town with a can of wd40 or mineral oil once a year. I'm ocd like that. But I live in Florida and I think the salt from the beach is evil. I also boil my dish sponges, but my girl makes me do that. (She does have big boobs, sorry no pics)
Old 08-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
use this: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...ples-here.html
Old 08-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't bother waxing, but spritzing 'em with a lube every once in a while might help fight corrosion.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
I don't know about this stuff... Did you get a sample and try it out? Coming from an AutoBody background I have always been skeptical about the magical "cure all" rust fix. And from the description of other people and the company it's self it sounds like it would be really messy.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #9
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
I don't know about this stuff... Did you get a sample and try it out? Coming from an AutoBody background I have always been skeptical about the magical "cure all" rust fix. And from the description of other people and the company it's self it sounds like it would be really messy.
I got the sample and sprayed it on, the dust collected there took water spray nozzle and sprayed it off then went to the dirt again and nothing really stuck the 2nd time but you can still tell there is some of it there...
Old 08-04-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrustic View Post
I sprayed mine down with some fluid film.
hmmm I just got my free sample a couple of weeks ago, might have to do that