Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Scratches in paint

Old 08-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
That deserves to be put in the cool story jar..
TacomaGuy22 is on a distinguished road
TacomaGuy22's Tacoma Gallery
Scratches in paint

Well I got my first scratch on my '12 today, but I know. It's a truck!! But at the same time I get kinda bummed about it. It could be worse than a scratch and atleast I have an awesome truck to drive everyday!! And bird poop...... Absolutely hate birds cause they seem to know when I wash my truck, the day of or after I find bird poop on my truck.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
First scratch always sucks!! Truck or not.. its new. If it's not too deep it can probably be polished and buffed out.
Just make sure to wash off that bird poop quickly.. stuff is like acid
Old 08-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
Go home Nubbs, street lights are off!
pancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to behold
Name: Pancho
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.amazon.com/Dupont-Pro-Fus...h+repair+stick

you're welcome :P

only works if the scratch isnt so big.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 PM   #4
PinkTaco24 is on a distinguished road
PinkTaco24's Tacoma Gallery
Where would the world be w/out DuPont?
Old 08-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
Danno 1948 will become famous soon enough
Marines: L/corpal
Name: Dan
Danno 1948's Tacoma Gallery
But does it work,there is all kinds of stuff out there to try.Let us know please
Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by khx73 View Post
First scratch always sucks!! Truck or not.. its new. If it's not too deep it can probably be polished and buffed out.
Just make sure to wash off that bird poop quickly.. stuff is like acid
Heard that! It's not that deep but you can pick it with the fingernail a little bit. And I always do, I hate bird poop and I think birds know we don't like it and that it destroys paint. Lol
Old 08-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho View Post

I love amazon!! I buy alot of stuff from there! I will definitely be buying this here in the next couple of days! Thanks
Old 08-24-2012, 11:38 PM   #8
Schwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shedSchwinn is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jamie
Schwinn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho View Post

Anyone try this? My '12 looks like it was attacked by angry owls fighting horny cats. I'm only holding it together because my little girls thought their first off-road experience was so awesome.
Old 08-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn View Post
Anyone try this? My '12 looks like it was attacked by angry owls fighting horny cats. I'm only holding it together because my little girls thought their first off-road experience was so awesome.
No. I bought Turtle Wax Polishing Compound, which removes light to medium scratches, oxidation, and swirl marks. Safe with clear coat and Turtle Wax has also been good from what I hear so I bought it. Didn't really do anything for me.