Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Dressing the "composite" bed

Old 08-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
netman1969 will become famous soon enoughnetman1969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Air Force Security Police NCO
Name: Dave
netman1969's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to netman1969
Dressing the "composite" bed

Ok,I did a search and was suprised not to find anything in here on this subject. The composite bed looks like shit 90% of the time, even after a good wash. Hard water spots, dust, dirt, etc..... I have tried several products on it that make it look much better, but also make it slick, which is not ideal either. These include Armor All tire spray, Eagle One Interior Dressing, and Groits Interior Dressing. All look great, but I dont find any ideal because it does make the surface oily or downright slick. Just curious what everyone else is using and what your experience has been with it. Suggestions on something that is easy to use and works well?

-Smitty
Old 08-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
covering it up with a tonneau cover works for me

other than that you could try either aerospace 303 or ice liquid wax
Old 08-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Its a truck bed it is supposed to look like shit.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Don't know what the composite beds are on the 2nd gens but a guy I met on a trail had a 1st gen Tacoma with a Line-X'd bed that looked brand spanking new.

I asked him how is he liking the new Line-X and he said he's had it for about 10 years.

I've had mine about the same but it looks horrible so I asked him what he does to keep it looking clean:

Spray the hell out of it with Purple Power, let it soak for a bit, then take a pressure washer to it vigorously.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Hell, I don't even use soap on the truck bed...
Old 08-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
Haslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shedHaslefre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Brady
Haslefre's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a composite bed back there? Usually it's just filled up with the crap I am hauling either for me or someone else. I guess I just never pay attention to it looking dirty. Its a truck bed...
Old 08-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I use the same thing on the bed as I do on the truck.....plain ass water running thru a nice soft bristle brush. No leftover nothing, no need for pwr spray & no scratches either. Durashine shit sheds water off the paint so no spots either. Even if there were they wouldn't show because truck is white. That lasts for a yr so I don't even wax or nothing but do durashine once a yr. Goes on everything - paint, trim, glass, tires...all of it. Works like rainx on glass too. I never do more than rinse the inside of the bed and it looks fine. x2 on the bed mat...........
Old 08-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #9
bamma is on a distinguished road

bamma's Tacoma Gallery
Before I picked up a camper shell I would use Aerospace 303 4 times as year. I would also use the tire/engine degreaser at a carwash and then spray it out before I put the 303 on. Bed still looks brand new.

The Aerospace 303 is awesome. I use it on my whitewater kayak and kayaking gear too. It isn't greasy, and really preserves plastic/rubber.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #10
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
I would suggest getting a bed mat for the bottom to keep things from sliding and then any decent detailing product will work on the sides. That's what I do at least...
Old 08-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
I use Mother's "back to black" from time to time. It's available @ most Auto parts stores.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns View Post

Old 08-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #13
Superdavert is on a distinguished road

Superdavert's Tacoma Gallery
You could put an OEM bedmat in Nothing slides on that. My bedmat hasn't scratched and I've put all kinds of crap in there. You can take it out and hose it off if it gets dirty. Then use Mother's back to black on the sides, back, and on the inside part of the tailgate.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #14
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Get a SUV. Problem solved.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #15
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
Get a SUV. Problem solved.
How the hell does that solve the problem lol
Old 08-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #16
Got R Did
jtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtgroce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jtgroce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
x2
Old 08-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #17
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How the hell does that solve the problem lol
You're kidding, right?
Old 08-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #18
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I have wondered the same thing..mine looks like shit..i miss the old days when toyota had metal beds
Old 08-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #19
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
+
Old 08-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns View Post
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
x3

I also have a tonneau cover to cover it up when not in use. Looks great!