Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Metallic Grey with Red?

Old 08-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #1
masshole taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Big Daddy
masshole taco's Tacoma Gallery
Metallic Grey with Red?

Don't know if this is under the right section or not but I was going through the site and I notice a lot of people black out the tacoma emblems on the doors and front valance.. A lot of white trucks do this.. give it the storm trooper effect but this is my thought..

I have a metallic grey tacoma and what if I red'd out the emblems and front valance.. Anybody ever try this??? Part of me wants to try it but the other part of me is wondering how it would look...

Thoughts???
Mods, if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it..
Old 08-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Go to the photography forum and there's a photoshop request thread in there.

They're really good and will give you an idea of what it'll look like
Old 08-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
sounds pretty rad to me!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Taco Rico is on a distinguished road
Taco Rico's Tacoma Gallery
I tried the red Plastidip. While I was painting I thought it would be sweet but once I put it on the grille it made the truck look at best like Rudolph and at worst like a PIG. There were even some angry birds that gave it a sideways glance. Also, the wife HATED it. Pulled it back off. Ended up buying some duplicolor in Magnetic Grey and painting over the plastidip. Sprayed several coats of clear over that and I think it looks GREAT. will put it on the truck tomorrow.