Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Gold tacoma 2006, orange badges??? what do you think

Old 01-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #1
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Gold tacoma 2006, orange badges??? what do you think

going to paint the engine cover gunmetal with orange letters. Go Oregon State Beavers!

question:
should i do the badges on the outside?
1-yes i want them on.
2-yes i want to paint them
3-asking if the construction orange will be good?
4-please kinda new(just joined)
5-if orange is bad what color, dont just want black but other colors maybe.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to tw!!

not sure how that orange will look on the desert sand tacomas, but i say go for it!! if you like it...all that matters man. and besides.....if you dont like them orange...you can always repaint them.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW

and... Orange + Gold =

just my .02
Old 01-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
humm...

kinda what i was thinking the engine cover might look good but the badges, i know. for the sand(gold) color what have you guys seen? just want it to be a little different but still look good ya know?

anyways what do you think
Old 01-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
It would be unique! I would personally rock it.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
not a fan of orange but thats just my .02! do what you think is best and post some pics!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
Taco969 will become famous soon enoughTaco969 will become famous soon enough

Air Force: AFE
Taco969's Tacoma Gallery
Go for it, you can always repaint them. I painted mine blue a few months back to be different, and I like it!
Attached Thumbnails
Gold tacoma 2006, orange badges??? what do you think-truck4.jpg   Gold tacoma 2006, orange badges??? what do you think-truck3.jpg   Gold tacoma 2006, orange badges??? what do you think-truck1.jpg  
Old 01-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #8
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And I also want to do mine red. It's just something a little different.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #9

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thanks guys

i have the wife getting the tape to put it back on, and hopefully will have some picks by the end of the week.

still at work but so ready to do my first DIY mod.

project list
1. engine plastic cover
gunmetal with orange letters.
2. decals and badges
orange
3. rims-stock steel
gunmetal

adhesion promotor at wally world.--1 can
grey primer--1 can
gunmetal rim rattle can--1 can(for now)
construction orange rust olioum 200 degree paint exterior paint--1 can
exterior clear coat--1 can
3M mounting tape(as seen before in other posts)
fishing line and dental floss. (going to review which is easier)
painters tape--1 roll

so far 24.00US in paint
6.00US in tape
free for dental floss and fishing line(had it, pays not to sometimes, haha)

30 dollars into project. anything else? am i forgeting anything?
Old 01-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztx1000 View Post
i have the wife getting the tape to put it back on, and hopefully will have some picks by the end of the week.

still at work but so ready to do my first DIY mod.

project list
1. engine plastic cover
gunmetal with orange letters.
2. decals and badges
orange
3. rims-stock steel
gunmetal

adhesion promotor at wally world.--1 can
grey primer--1 can
gunmetal rim rattle can--1 can(for now)
construction orange rust olioum 200 degree paint exterior paint--1 can
exterior clear coat--1 can
3M mounting tape(as seen before in other posts)
fishing line and dental floss. (going to review which is easier)
painters tape--1 roll

so far 24.00US in paint
6.00US in tape
free for dental floss and fishing line(had it, pays not to sometimes, haha)

30 dollars into project. anything else? am i forgeting anything?
that about covers it!!

just to let ya know...............if you use the adhesion promoter...........you dont even need any primer....the adhesion promoterwill work in place of it....and it works really well.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #11
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
.if you use the adhesion promoter...........you dont even need any primer....the adhesion promoterwill work in place of it....and it works really well.
Well that's gonna good for me to know this upcoming weekend...
Old 01-11-2009, 03:02 PM   #12

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
had to add this

going to just do the grille also.
got the chrome and hate it so im going to just paint over it.

i know i should sand the "chrome" off but some people have been saying that they just painted over it and mine is not chipping at all so ill try a light coat to see what it looks like.

feedback? need all i can get.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #13

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
this chrome one is from the steering wheel for comparison

here is the new grille insert...
Attached Thumbnails
Gold tacoma 2006, orange badges??? what do you think-img00052.jpg   Gold tacoma 2006, orange badges??? what do you think-img00165.jpg   Gold tacoma 2006, orange badges??? what do you think-img00164.jpg  
Old 01-12-2009, 10:27 AM   #14

Interesting contrast. I like it!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #15
Mayor of TW

hmm... I think I'd like it more if you got rid of the rest of the chrome... Looks out of place to me...
Old 01-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #16

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
going to. tomorrow the day is mine and it will be gunmetal. i think that i might just do the chrome the gunmetal and just clear coat the black stock grille. i really like the look of it. that way the whole thing is shinny again.

after im done ill take pictures of the truck clean too

still to go:
grille
engine cover
badges
rims
Old 01-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #17
YotaSandman will become famous soon enough
Marines: Combat Engineer, 3rd CEB
YotaSandman's Tacoma Gallery
Just as an added opinion, I think the orange looks kick ass. I agree with above on getting rid of the chrome. Having seen the front badge change, I bet the rest are going to look awesome as well.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #18

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
project on hold cuz of weather but the engine cover is taped off and started. and all decals are off.
what are the best way to get the little scratches from the fishing line?
polish?
clay bar?
buff?
wax?