Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Removing toyota "T" off of wheel center cap

Old 08-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
My big rig is on a distinguished road
Name: Parker
My big rig's Tacoma Gallery
Removing toyota "T" off of wheel center cap

Just painted my Tacoma trd rims, the Toyota logo is still on the rim center cap and was wondering if anyone has took the logo off. I want to put a TRD logo decal on the center cap but can't because of the logo. Thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure it just pops off, take off the center cap and look inside. i think you just push in the little clips and it will come off.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
The emblem is actually popped onto the center cap then the tabs on the back side melted. It's best to use a heat gun to melt the tabs off on the backside then pry it off with a flat tip, should come right off. If not then heat up the tabs some more. When re-applying just just gorilla glue super glue or something like that if there isn't enough plastic left to re-melt it. That's what I did for mine. By the way, you can get a decent heat gun at Oreilly's for like $20. Here's a picture of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Removing toyota "T" off of wheel center cap-img_9696.jpg