LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

MX-7...Holy Cow! water spots are gone!!!

Old 08-19-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
00dannyboy is on a distinguished road
00dannyboy's Tacoma Gallery
MX-7...Holy Cow! water spots are gone!!!

no one will believe me until they buy it and try it for themselves, BUT, MX-7 WORKS!

i just went thru 4 methods to get to this one.

meguiars ultimate compound..... nothing
meguiars clay.......................... nothing
vinegar and water (50/50).......nothing
MX-7......................................Actually Works with little effort!!!

all i can say is that this stuff ACTUALlY WORKS!!!

my windows are as clear as crystal.

nuff said
Old 08-19-2012, 04:59 AM   #2
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
why were you using paint products on your windows?
Old 08-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
SpotX works for me.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
@2008taco

the product i used was made for glass!

there are two mx-7 products that i bought. one for glass, and one for paint.

any other questions?
Old 08-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #5
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00dannyboy View Post

any other questions?
I think he was referring to the compound and clay bar
Old 08-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
Boilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really niceBoilerman is just really nice

Name: Brian
Boilerman's Tacoma Gallery
0000 steel wool works great on the windshield for getting rid of hard water spots and doesn't scratch the glass. Old detailer's trick.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #7
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post
0000 steel wool works great on the windshield for getting rid of hard water spots and doesn't scratch the glass. Old detailer's trick.

NO!
Do not use steel wool on glass - it will scratch. Just because you can't see the scratches with your naked eye doesn't mean the glass isn't scratched.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
Jpeso is on a distinguished road
Jpeso's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a 2012 tacoma and I just realized while driving in the sunlight that there are a lot of hard water dots all over my windows. I am so frustrated. I have tried vinegar and water and windex and still they are there. Can someone who likes there car as clean as me recommend something before I go crazy! Thanks!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #9
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
Where did you find this mx7 ?
Old 08-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #10
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerman View Post

Worst possible advice ever given.

Please no one listen to this.

See here for reference http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...ml#post2034997

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
X2...compounds and waxes need to stay away from glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00dannyboy View Post

any other questions?
unless you sealed your glass it will keep happening. See links below for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeso View Post
I just bought a 2012 tacoma and I just realized while driving in the sunlight that there are a lot of hard water dots all over my windows. I am so frustrated. I have tried vinegar and water and windex and still they are there. Can someone who likes there car as clean as me recommend something before I go crazy! Thanks!

See here for what to use and not overpay for hype http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...ml#post5334081

also see here for a bunch of good glass products http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/det...ml#post5537843

I have been working with glass for 20 years. Anyone who tells you to take steel to it is insane IMO. Anyone who tells you to wax it is crazy IMO. Use the stuff made for glass if you want to see the best.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:41 PM   #11
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks that is good info. Where I live we have insanely hard water and washing my truck will leave HW spots especially on the glass. The chrome around my sink and faucets will turn white from the hard water. All I use is lime-away and within seconds its gone. Now I know its a strong chemical and I have not ever used it on glass but maybe I will try and see how it works. I just read the bottle and it does not say anything about not using on glass. It did say to not use on painted surfaces.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008taco View Post
Because that's what "everyone" ignorantly says to use when vinegar and windex don't remove the water spots.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #13
i bought mine from a store called Don Quijote in Waipahu, hawaii.

http://mx-7.com/pictures-mx-7_ultra_...t_removal.html

i got both the MX-7 Plus and the MX-7 Ultra.

ultra for glass

plus for paint.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #14
Time to get dirty!
monoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to beholdmonoman is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dave
monoman's Tacoma Gallery
Spot-X is the only thing that worked for me. I tried everything.
That stuff is gold!