1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hey! Need help blacking out emblem

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by cgnsa, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Aug 24, 2012 at 11:54 AM
    cgnsa

cgnsa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cameron
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 Quicksand
    Hey, I need help blacking out my 2010 Toyota Tacoma front emblem and grill. I need help on finding what paint I need and the process I need to go about in doing so. Help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

2. Aug 24, 2012 at 12:00 PM
    Taco Dan

Taco Dan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser auto 4X4
    Snorkel, Cooper ST Maxx 255/80/17, diff breather relocate, Cobra ultra III cb radio set up Warrior Products front bumper
    first open the hood of your truck, and look behind the grill. you will see two upper tabs to push down on, releasing the emblem from the grill. pry the emblem off. wash it. now sand it lightly with 500 grit of finer sand paper. go to the hardware store and pick a good brand of spray paint like rustoleum or something, or even try a paint for plastics. go back home and get some newspaper. find a well ventilated area and begin to apply the spray paint to the emblem. hold spray can 6-8 inches away from object being sprayed. apply 4-5 or however many coats of paint to your toyota emblem, giving them at least 30 mins to dry in between coats. allow paint to fully cure 24 hours. re-attach emblem when happy with painting results.

3. Aug 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Rich

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 Access Cab - White
    Wet Okole Seat Covers, Debadged, Custom Fit Bed Mat, Cargo Net for Long Bed, All Weather OEM Floor Mats, MX Grillcraft Grill, Bully Tailgate Lock, Mini Mag Center Console Mod, SockMonkey 3rd Brakelight Cover, Lots of Love
    I used plasti dip. No sanding and it came out excellent. I wanted the flat textured look and it was perfect. The paint depends on the look you want. If using duplicolor or rustolem then the previous post did a great job on how to go about it. Post some picks when done

Products Discussed in

To Top