Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

water stain on paint

Old 08-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Admiral Awesome is a jewel in the roughAdmiral Awesome is a jewel in the roughAdmiral Awesome is a jewel in the rough

Name: anthony
Admiral Awesome's Tacoma Gallery
water stain on paint

i have a bunch of water stain on the passenager side fender they will not go away no matter how much i scrub. i took it to the dealer yesterday and they buffed it out it it was fine i woke up today and it came back. what is it??
Old 08-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Duck Fan
SalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shedSalemCBR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SalemCBR's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed. U gotta get the full polish then wax and clay bar before that. Keep wax on it and it wont be as bad. It usually has to do with the calcium level of the water in ur area.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:56 AM   #4
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Water stains are usually a two-fold problem; you have the mineral deposit sitting on the paint surface and then you can have etching in the paint from the acidity in the minerals if it sits too long.

Polish will take care of the first part but sometimes the etching is too deep to resolve with polishing.

Bird poop does the same thing.

Do you have the mineral deposit still on the surface or do you have etching?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Admiral Awesome is a jewel in the roughAdmiral Awesome is a jewel in the roughAdmiral Awesome is a jewel in the rough

Name: anthony
Admiral Awesome's Tacoma Gallery
guess it was just sitting on the surface, i just polished the hell out of it and it went away and proceeded to wax it. hopefully it wont come back.