1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

water stain on paint

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Admiral Awesome, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Aug 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    Admiral Awesome

Admiral Awesome [OP] IG:Bucklaooooo

Member:
    First Name:
    anthony
    Houston Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD LT
    Camburg 3in LT kit fox shocks/bypasses 315-75-16 Scs f5 wheels gunmetal 16x8 Prinsu rack 40in heretic light bar Cali raised ditch light Baja squadron pros McNeil fiberglass fenders Adv fiberglass bedsides Volant intake
    i have a bunch of water stain on the passenager side fender they will not go away no matter how much i scrub. i took it to the dealer yesterday and they buffed it out it it was fine i woke up today and it came back. what is it??:(

2. Aug 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    pics?

a good clay bar/polish/wax should get rid of water spots

3. Aug 25, 2012 at 12:52 PM
    SalemCBR

SalemCBR Oregon's #2 TW rep

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 DC Elock PreR
    Deck plate, all time auxillary, black billet, xeon bulbs, sockmonkey decals, and lots of back to black.
    Agreed. U gotta get the full polish then wax and clay bar before that. Keep wax on it and it wont be as bad. It usually has to do with the calcium level of the water in ur area.

4. Aug 27, 2012 at 5:56 AM
    Gooch

Gooch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County CA
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma SR5 V6 4x4
    Water stains are usually a two-fold problem; you have the mineral deposit sitting on the paint surface and then you can have etching in the paint from the acidity in the minerals if it sits too long.

Polish will take care of the first part but sometimes the etching is too deep to resolve with polishing.

Bird poop does the same thing.

Do you have the mineral deposit still on the surface or do you have etching?

5. Aug 27, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    Admiral Awesome

Admiral Awesome [OP] IG:Bucklaooooo

Member:
    First Name:
    anthony
    Houston Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD LT
    Camburg 3in LT kit fox shocks/bypasses 315-75-16 Scs f5 wheels gunmetal 16x8 Prinsu rack 40in heretic light bar Cali raised ditch light Baja squadron pros McNeil fiberglass fenders Adv fiberglass bedsides Volant intake
    guess it was just sitting on the surface, i just polished the hell out of it and it went away and proceeded to wax it. hopefully it wont come back.

Products Discussed in

To Top