Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Water spots, stains, scratched glass, etc.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #21
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
10-4

what about interior windows that have window tint?
No idea about window tints because I only sell architectural window films. My cleaning instructions for 3m film is:

After thirty (30) days, you may clean 3Mô Films using normal household cleaning solutions, including ammonia based products: e.g., Windex, and a soft, lint-free cloth or towel. You may also use a squeegee to clean the films. Abrasive products which would scratch or damage the film should not be used.

See here http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...es/Links/FAQs/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Boyd:
Can this solution also be applied to the inside of my home windows or do I just use the cleaner and skip the sealant on the insude?
The outside surface is the same as the inside surface. If you have low-e glass in your windows the coating is on the inside of the unit. It can't hurt to seal the inside, but I see no reason unless they are hard to clean.

I seal my shower doors to keep the hard water stains off of it.
I also seal the windows in my bathroom and kitchen, but I only do them due to steam and grease build up.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #22
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
No idea about window tints because I only sell architectural window films. My cleaning instructions for 3m film is:

After thirty (30) days, you may clean 3M™ Films using normal household cleaning solutions, including ammonia based products: e.g., Windex, and a soft, lint-free cloth or towel. You may also use a squeegee to clean the films. Abrasive products which would scratch or damage the film should not be used.

See here http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...es/Links/FAQs/

The outside surface is the same as the inside surface. If you have low-e glass in your windows the coating is on the inside of the unit. It can't hurt to seal the inside, but I see no reason unless they are hard to clean.

I seal my shower doors to keep the hard water stains off of it.
I also seal the windows in my bathroom and kitchen, but I only do them due to steam and grease build up.
Must be b/c of all the hairspray you use

Oh and appreciate the quick response
Old 10-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will the same product work well to clean a glass shower door or do I need a stronger product?

Sparkle will get it done.

If it's not bad and the glass is textured like all of mine are I use dish detergent and a green sponge because it's cheaper and no real chemicals to breath in.

Don't use this with clear glass as it may scratch it.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #25
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you.

I actually clean the shower doors really well twice a year. I take them off the track and clean them outside in the driveway. Once a week I wipe them down when they are installed in the door track.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #26
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thank you.

I actually clean the shower doors really well twice a year. I take them off the track and clean them outside in the driveway. Once a week I wipe them down when they are installed in the door track.

I use one of these daily when I get out. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...FSXNOgodC18Aww

helps keep the hard water off big time
Old 10-31-2012, 04:42 AM   #29
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
Just a question to the OP : what can I use to clean the INSIDE of my windshield.??...no matter what product I use I allways get a streaky look...never comes off,even with "invisible glass" product...Its as if there is some kind of film/oil on the interior glass...truck is still new..3 mos old...

any ideas ????
Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #30
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
bump....for people who want to know the right way to do it
Old 11-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #31
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot2na View Post
Just a question to the OP : what can I use to clean the INSIDE of my windshield.??...no matter what product I use I allways get a streaky look...never comes off,even with "invisible glass" product...Its as if there is some kind of film/oil on the interior glass...truck is still new..3 mos old...

any ideas ????

It's residue from "off gasing" of the new materials in your interior. That film is also in your lungs

try one of the products I listed above. Sorry to take so long for a response.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:23 AM   #32
Hot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really niceHot2na is just really nice
Hot2na's Tacoma Gallery
So nice to know the stuff is in my lungs......
I thought I could avoid cancer by buying a truck made in tx not japan....instead the seat fumes are gonna get me ....
Old 11-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #33
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
I want to thank XXXX for his help here...
since i took delivery of my truck there were REALLY bad acid / mineral deposits / water spots on my glass. my usual weapon was somewhat effective but did not clear 100% of the spots.. all other home remedy's failed. the window tint made the spots look even worse.

however, the nice thing about the Chemical guys Water Spot Gel, is that it can be used on all vehicle surfaces safely, chrome, paint, glass, plastics, ect...

what really resolved the issue completely was using the OPs advice. the cleaner and sealant. windows are crystal clear and 'sealed' hopefully wont have to deal with this again.

thanks OP.

thumbs up for CRL
Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #34
WhyNotFab is on a distinguished road
Name: Ricky
WhyNotFab's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered both, can't wait to try it and have clean windows!
Old 11-12-2012, 05:49 AM   #35
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
I want to thank XXXX for his help here...
since i took delivery of my truck there were REALLY bad acid / mineral deposits / water spots on my glass. my usual weapon was somewhat effective but i was never completely happy with the outcome... this stuff helped while all other home remedy's failed. The Chemical Guys solution was always effective in the past... not this time. the window tint made the spots look even worse.
what really resolved the issue completely was using the OPs advice. the cleaner and sealant. windows are crystal clear and 'sealed' hopefully wont have to deal with this again.
thanks OP.

thumbs up for CRL

Glad to hear another success story!

Just by chance do you remember what you paid for it? I get dealer cost even though we do not re-sell it here so I always wonder what people pay.

Also if you could tell us where you got it from it would help others out. I buy direct from CRL,but I know they do not sell to the public.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #36
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

B737's Tacoma Gallery
both over amazon from showerdoordirect $10 (sealer) and $8 (cleaner), arrived in less than a week.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #37
Banned
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B737 View Post
both over amazon from showerdoordirect $10 (sealer) and $8 (cleaner), arrived in less than a week.

WOW.... I need to get my boss to start selling on Amazon.

Our cost for the cleaner is $3 and the sealer is $7.29 and we don't get the best pricing they have. If we spent 75k with them instead of just 50k we would get much better pricing.

Still a great value when compared to similar products marketed direct to the customers + they work much better then 99% of that stuff.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #38
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
just use some elbow grease and use turtle wax deep paint cleaner it only 2 dolla and work wonder no scratch ba
Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #39
WhyNotFab is on a distinguished road
Name: Ricky
WhyNotFab's Tacoma Gallery
Mine arrived and I tried it today, wiped down with Invisible Glass first to basically dust the windows off.. then used the CHL stuff, made a huge difference.. I'll probably go over them one more time and seal them again just to get them as clean as possible. The windows are so much smoother now, and I barely see any of the old water type stains. Made a huge difference on my side mirrors too that would not come clean. The sealer smells kind of like Rain X, does it work the same way?
Old 11-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #40
Throbbing Member

B737's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyNotFab View Post
sealer smells kind of like Rain X, does it work the same way?
thats exactly what i thought about the sealer
i now love these two products

Products Discussed in this Thread