Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Water spots, stains, scratched glass, etc.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #61
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95SLE View Post
Boyd:
The products you referenced work really well. Water beads up and runs off the glass even when thewre is a dirt film on the window. Well worth the cost IMHO.

Cool, I'm glad to hear it because I have yet to use the sealer on a truck so I was wondering what your thoughts were.

We primarily use it on acid etched glass to seal out fingerprints and tongue lick marks.

Need to keep track of how long it lasts and if it eats up your wipers

Should last at least a year on the other windows.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #62
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
I usually replace the wiper blades in December each year. My current wiper blades are doing a decent job so no need to replace them. I believe they a Bosch top end blades.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #63
87twentytwor is on a distinguished road

Name: Jake
87twentytwor's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about trying the sparkle...
Old 01-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #64
Reaper
09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough
09 Redneck's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 03-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #65
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MACS(SW) ret
Name: Shawn
14TACO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
Topped... I just ordered off Amazon. 3 bottles of the cleaner for $15 and one bottle of sealer for $10.

I have OCD when it comes to driving with dirty windows. Makes me fuckin' crazy, so I hope this stuff works as good as advertised. Bonus: I am just as OCD with my shower doors. LOL
Old 03-23-2014, 01:53 PM   #66
Throbbing Member
B737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shedB737 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
B737's Tacoma Gallery
the CLR works dude, you will not be disappointed...

the cleaner that takes the spots off is dusty though, so do your windows then wash your truck after (if you going to clean your truck that day anyways)
Old 03-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #67
Mmmmm... Beer
14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed14TACO4X4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MACS(SW) ret
Name: Shawn
14TACO4X4's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is 2 months old and the window has no water spots, should I just use the sealer after cleaning it?

The shower doors, on the other hand...
Old 03-24-2014, 06:43 AM   #68
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14TACO4X4 View Post
My truck is 2 months old and the window has no water spots, should I just use the sealer after cleaning it?

The shower doors, on the other hand...

Yes. The sealer will prolong the life of the glass by stopping chemicals and contaminants from acid rain and road contaminants that break down the surface of the glass.

To everyone else if your glass is stained it has started to breakdown. You can clean it but it will stain again unless you seal it.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #69
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
This thread clearly needs a bump. Ive seen more glass terrorists recommending horrible products in the past few weeks than the previous 5 years.

If you have a question on a safe way to clean your glass thats not already covered in here please ask away.

If you are attempting to use a product not mean for glass on glass and recommending it to other members - for the love of god please stop.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #70
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
I did this and now have swirls/streaks. I used a damp paper towel to apply cleaner and a microfiber cloth to apply the sealant. What do you think I can do to clean the glass now/ what should I use to clean the glass?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #71
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTopp View Post
I did this and now have swirls/streaks. I used a damp paper towel to apply cleaner and a microfiber cloth to apply the sealant. What do you think I can do to clean the glass now/ what should I use to clean the glass?
A quick wash with regular car wash soap should do if its the exterior you sealed.

If its interior I'd recommend another coat with slightly moist paper towels (moist w sealer). Rub entire surface fast until it dries streak free.

Do not seal in direct sunlight or you'll never get it 100%.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #72
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Ah, I only did outside, so I'll give that a shot. What kind of glass cleaner should I use over this stuff? Simple green is what I was using..

Edit: I see now you said soap and water
Old 04-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #73

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
I think my sealant has worn off after a couple rains and a wash already, with wiper use, does this stuff need to cure or?

Not completely wore off, but not as good as it was
Old 04-29-2014, 02:45 AM   #74
hoenah808 will become famous soon enough
hoenah808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I think my sealant has worn off after a couple rains and a wash already, with wiper use, does this stuff need to cure or?

what kind of car wash are you using?

also what products can/should we use between treatments? im using invisible glass is that ok? I occasionally use mark v window sheen as well
Old 04-29-2014, 05:56 AM   #75
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I do 2 coats and let it cure before my first wash and it lasts me almost a year on the windows that don't have wipers.

It's impossible to tell how long it will last under wipers but I'm starting to think you may have screwed up if you think it's gone after a week. I have no idea what shape your windshield is in, what compound is used in your wipers, and what conditions you use the truck in. I haven't done any formal testing but I personally think it lasts 2/3 times longer than comparably priced products on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoenah808 View Post
what kind of car wash are you using?

also what products can/should we use between treatments? im using invisible glass is that ok? I occasionally use mark v window sheen as well
Mild soap and water. IMO there is no need to use harsh window cleaners on a truck's exterior glass. Simply wash the windows when you wash the truck.

If you want to know what products are compatible I would call CRL. I do not use glass cleaners on the exterior of my truck so I have no clue.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:49 AM   #76

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Idk, may be because my wipers, I have Bosch icons, but the sealant is still there, just not as repellant
Old 04-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #77

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know of a good way to clean the wiper blades themselves?
Old 04-30-2014, 08:24 PM   #78
Old Man Winter
95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed95SLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 34th SIG
Name: Tom
95SLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone know of a good way to clean the wiper blades themselves?
Isopropyl Alcohol and a soft cloth. Put some of the alcohol on the cloth and rub along the edge of the blade.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #79

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Alright, thanks! My old wipers and these new ones both leave a cloudy haze over the windshield with each down swipe which is really annoying, so I'll try cleaning the blade
Old 05-01-2014, 07:46 PM   #80

MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Ttt

Products Discussed in this Thread