Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Truck cap Question

Old 09-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
CRONKED TaCo is on a distinguished road
Name: Robbie
CRONKED TaCo's Tacoma Gallery
Truck cap Question

Hey guys will an extended cab cap fit on a double cab?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see why not. Cap size varies on box size, and has nothing to do with the cab, so I would think it should fit...
Old 09-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRONKED TaCo View Post
Both are short bed.
Toyota never made a 2nd Gen Tacoma with an access cab and a short bed... The one bed that does come on the access cab is the same as the double cab long bed. I believe the cabs might be a bit different though so you'd have to make sure, if it's one of those shells that short of hugs the cab, that it wouldn't contact the cab. If I recall correctly, one of them slopes more at the back of the cab than the other.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRONKED TaCo View Post
Both are short bed.
No short bed AC's
Old 09-07-2012, 05:15 AM   #7
Madcat207 is on a distinguished road
Madcat207's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Toyota never made a 2nd Gen Tacoma with an access cab and a short bed... The one bed that does come on the access cab is the same as the double cab long bed. I believe the cabs might be a bit different though so you'd have to make sure, if it's one of those shells that short of hugs the cab, that it wouldn't contact the cab. If I recall correctly, one of them slopes more at the back of the cab than the other.
You are thinking of regular cab vs access/double. The Regular cab has the different rear angling compared to the others, which makes them mostly incompatible (it might fit, but you will get bad rubbing).

As for access and db - if you have a double cab long bed (what the rest of the industry calls a "short" bed), then yes, a cap off an access cab will work; I know, because over this weekend i bought a cap (ARE CX model) off an access cab, and installed it on my Db lb (fits like a glove, aside for the color.. )
Old 09-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcat207 View Post
You are thinking of regular cab vs access/double. The Regular cab has the different rear angling compared to the others, which makes them mostly incompatible (it might fit, but you will get bad rubbing).

As for access and db - if you have a double cab long bed (what the rest of the industry calls a "short" bed), then yes, a cap off an access cab will work; I know, because over this weekend i bought a cap (ARE CX model) off an access cab, and installed it on my Db lb (fits like a glove, aside for the color.. )
Thanks for clearing that up. I knew the cabs were different with 2 of the models, I thought it was the AC and DC. Good to know