Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Gauge cluster trim rings.what color?

View Poll Results: Should I paint it?
Yes,be different then stock 28 68.29%
No,waste of time 13 31.71%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #21
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the MGM
Old 09-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #22
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey View Post
3m di-noc carbon fiber (just don't get carried away)

that looks amazing!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:25 AM   #24
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
I'd do either carbon or color match, depends on what you're going for really. I did mine in super white, since my truck is a stormtrooper.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #27
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
The advantage of color matching is you don't have to go with a giant theme, since the truck is already that color. Like fiend and Tacochaos have done and you have to have more things that color scheme to make it work, it'd look silly if only one thing was green or orange, but since they've gone all out with it (well done boys) it looks sick.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #29
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
It's all easy stuff. I was a little iffy at first about ripping my dash, shifter base plate, and door panels at fist but once I got into it it became really easy. I can now take it all out in about 30 minutes or less now. It's just time consuming though, so be patient with it. When I painted my center air vents I kinda rushed it and it looked like shit in person, finger print smudges and overspray so i ended up having to spend about 2 hours the following weekend stripping off the paint and lightly sanding it to smooth it back out and redoing it. After all is painted preheat your oven to 275 then turn it off and put your painted pieces in for about 5 minutes, it helps to give it a slight glossy finish and and helps give it a smooth look. If you have any questions just hit us up. Tacochaos and Moose1988 helps me out A LOT while I was doing this and I'll be more than glad to return the favor cause I had a lot of questions while doing it. And just a tip, when it comes to the ring around your shifter, hold a lighter to the underside, that will help melt the tabs and allow it to separate from the shifter piece. I was able to reuse to tabs when putting it back on and just melt them together but if you can't just use a 2 part epoxy or maybe some gorilla glue.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #31
waheed is on a distinguished road

Name: Waheed
waheed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
3m di-noc carbon fiber (just don't get carried away)

where did you hook up those homie, I wouldn't mind some, or was it your fabriation maaaan
Old 09-12-2012, 04:20 AM   #32
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by waheed View Post
where did you hook up those homie, I wouldn't mind some, or was it your fabriation maaaan
it is vinyl.
search "3m di-noc"
kind of expensive
Old 09-12-2012, 05:24 AM   #33

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it is vinyl.
search "3m di-noc"
kind of expensive
It is pricey but I bet it would look awesome on a MGM Tacoma!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #35
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Paint them silver!!! lol I dunno man, do you have a color theme for your truck or for the interior alone? I have a black truck with a lime green sockmonkey zombie response unit trd decal and lime green grill emblem so I did my interior black and lime green.

Ordering some Wet Okoles with the GB next week, black with full piping in lime green. A lot of people don't like the lime green but I do and think it goes with the whole zombie theme.
I demand more pictures of your truck. Also, what did you use for the green? Any green in the engine bay yet?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #36

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPib View Post
I demand more pictures of your truck. Also, what did you use for the green? Any green in the engine bay yet?
Nah, I haven't done the engine bay or anything. I used rustoleum fluorescent green paint. Those are the only pictures I have of the interior. Hadn't bothered taking anymore since my stereo got stolen and the stock silver unit is back in. Instead I've just been working on the suspension and about to install new 33" tires, UCA's, and 1.25" wheel spacers. But here's what I got so far on the exterior.

Don't want to thread jack too much!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #38

Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Kinda fell off the mod bandwagon ever since it got broken into other than putting in a touch sensitive alarm. I wanna get back on it and get bumpers and sliders but tryin to pay off other stuff and buy a house soon.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:46 PM   #39
VA6DCO
IgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shedIgnorantlyAlberta is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
IgnorantlyAlberta's Tacoma Gallery
Some nice work done to some nice trucks here.
I got my truck used, had to laugh though cause everywhere you look there is this stick on wood grain shit. Except then I fell in love with it before I got around to removing it.
I had a busted speed sensor and read something about resistors blowing on the gauges so the first thing I did was rip my dash apart and check them over. Gauges were fine but while putting it all back together I figured Id stick a warn sticker under the tach needle. I think it looks cool and it reminds me that there are other ways to get unstuck without excessive rpm.
Gauge cluster trim rings.what color?-img00758-20121227-2033.jpg
Old 03-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #40
Chris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris24 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Chris24's Tacoma Gallery
how did you get your tweeter trim pieces painted? i can't figure out how to get mine off...or did you paint them while they were still on the door?