Notices

Shopping cart scratch

Old 09-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
sbates is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Steve
sbates's Tacoma Gallery
Shopping cart scratch

I returned to my truck after shopping at a local supermarket. It looks like someone decided to run their shopping cart along both of my doors on my passenger side (sweet). It appears to only be on the surface. I'm not sure how to get rid of it. I tried bug and tar remover but it did nothing. It looks like the plastic corner of the shopping cart transferred to the surface of doors.

Any ideas?

Steve
Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #2
A fire inside is on a distinguished road
A fire inside's Tacoma Gallery
Soap and water, then clay bar, then Meguiars ScratchX, then polish and wax.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
Was the shopping cart painted? And if so, is the paint transfer on your truck the same colour as the cart? If that's the case, then take some polish, and it'll come right off.

If the scratch is white-ish looking, that's the clear being scuffed. You can polish that as well to get rid of it.

Rule of thumb... If you run your fingernail over the scratch, and it catches, it's too deep to polish out.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadic 78 View Post
Was the shopping cart painted? And if so, is the paint transfer on your truck the same colour as the cart? If that's the case, then take some polish, and it'll come right off.

If the scratch is white-ish looking, that's the clear being scuffed. You can polish that as well to get rid of it.

Rule of thumb... If you run your fingernail over the scratch, and it catches, it's too deep to polish out.
And if it cant be polished out what is the next bes thing? i have a scratch on my pasenger side from offroad that is whitish looking. will check tonight if nail catches.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Sliders.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbacher View Post
Sliders.
Haha i will be getting some, but they wouldnt have helped defend me from the tree..... hahaha
Old 10-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelinJ91 View Post
And if it cant be polished out what is the next bes thing? i have a scratch on my pasenger side from offroad that is whitish looking. will check tonight if nail catches.
I don't know of a fix to make it look brand new again but at least get some touch up paint to fill it in so it's not bare metal and can prevent any corrosion. Check out this: http://www.drcolorchip.com/how-it-works.shtml I've been thinking about trying it
Old 10-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
well i just want it not as noticable.... its not really now unless you look for it but still....