LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Pressure washer removing paint

Old 01-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
Pressure washer removing paint

I was at the car wash last week and as I was rinsing the salt and snow off my truck I noticed some paint missing on the edge of my rear bumper. I thought this was odd but continued to rinse. As I got to the other side I acutally some paint come off! I have never had a problem like this with any other vehicle using a pressure washer. Any Ideas? Is this sort of thing covered under warrenty? Otherwise I might have to buy and ARB bumper in the spring.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
isn't kind of cold to washing ur truck in kenora this time of year?? if your under warranty i would take it back to the dealer and let them know
Old 01-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
i had that same thing on the front bumper cover.just a small(dime size)spot.i just backed away a little more when i do it now.went and got a bottle of touch up at dealer.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
isn't kind of cold to washing ur truck in kenora this time of year?? if your under warranty i would take it back to the dealer and let them know
That would be rust prevention. I do that to my truck too.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #5
NicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud ofNicksRig has much to be proud of

Firefighter:
NicksRig's Tacoma Gallery
Went to the dealer today and they wern't all that helpful. First they said it is not covered if it was done by a pressure washer (I didn't metion it was). Secondly, because it is an American vehicle that they would have to take pictures and send it to Toyota Canada for them to make a decision whether or not I would be covered under warrenty. I will take some pics and I will need some feed back on how hard it will be to touch up myself.