Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

chrome tube steps

Old 01-17-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
chrome tube steps

i have a set of the chrome tube steps on my black 06 dc. i hate the look of chrome imo, just wondering what everyone thinks about painting them- either black them out or some other option. a friend mentioned paintin them magnetic grey just so its a little different but i'm not sure if that would be noticable.

thanks guys!
Old 01-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
mrtrd103 will become famous soon enoughmrtrd103 will become famous soon enough

mrtrd103's Tacoma Gallery
the stock tube step from factory would look awsome. the color of it i mean. my buddy had oval tube from westin and spayed it to match the factory tube step style and it looks awsome. he has almost the same truck as yours
Old 01-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
i never really liked them and thought about getting rid of them (sell them) but when i factored in how much they cost me and how much they were actually worth, i couldnt make what i wanted. so i've become accustomed to them now! my only issue is that the chrome is startin to rust a lil under the plastic step pads and i want to fix that issue before their too bad
Old 01-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I have some stuff from mothers that keeps things like that from rusting..
Im going to sell mine and get some AP rock sliders.

powdercoat???
Old 01-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
mrtrd103 will become famous soon enoughmrtrd103 will become famous soon enough

mrtrd103's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post

powdercoat???
lentsnh is right mothers will work the best. takes out the rust no problem
Old 01-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #6

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post

powdercoat???
i already tried some stuff to stop the rusting but it didnt seem to hold up. powdercoating might be an option! just trying to find an option that would be cool
Old 01-20-2009, 03:59 PM   #7
KeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant futureKeithB has a brilliant future

Name: Keith
KeithB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
i have a set of the chrome tube steps on my black 06 dc. i hate the look of chrome imo, just wondering what everyone thinks about painting them- either black them out or some other option. a friend mentioned paintin them magnetic grey just so its a little different but i'm not sure if that would be noticable.

thanks guys!
Have them Line-X'd. Probably cost like $100.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Line-X or powdercoat are going to be your best bets..... Cheap to do either.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:21 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
actually...cheaper than line-x.......and works awesomely...........herculiner.....and you can do it yourself. a quart will be all you need probably....and thats $30. take a look at my thread on how i did my chrome bumpers..................

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...-write-up.html
Old 01-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
stay away from Rhino though, Expensive!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #11

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
actually...cheaper than line-x.......and works awesomely...........herculiner.....and you can do it yourself. a quart will be all you need probably....and thats $30. take a look at my thread on how i did my chrome bumpers..................

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...-write-up.html
thanks man, i'll likely add that to the top of my mod list! friggin road salt is really laying a beating to the chrome! plus i think it will look a lot better with the black steps on black
Old 01-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
thanks man, i'll likely add that to the top of my mod list! friggin road salt is really laying a beating to the chrome! plus i think it will look a lot better with the black steps on black
cool deal.......post pics pics when you can!!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:38 PM   #13

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
i will post pics for sure