Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Snapped Toyota emblem pins

Old 09-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
Can't spell class without...
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Since 2009.
Name: JT
JT Class's Tacoma Gallery
Snapped Toyota emblem pins

Morning all,

Yesterday I decided to paint my skid plate and start with the blacking out of my taco's emblems, with the front grill circle T... (until my homergrill gets here )

So as I started to pry off the emblem's three little clips that keep it on the grill one snapped half way off....after removing it as I was putting it down it caught in my pocket and snapped completely off ...

So my noob question would be... How would I stick it back on? I see alot of people use 3M double sided tape for the other emblems on the doors and tail gate. Would this work well in front? Or would some kind of epoxy work better? I did pick up a water resistant super blue, but it says it will stick to ''some plastics'' Which has me thinking that my T will fly off hit my windshield and cause a 36 car pileup on the highway...Ok well maybe not...

Any suggestions or link to a forum that i missed would be sweet.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
I'd use 3M auto adhesive. It's used all over vehicles, and works great.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
JT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shedJT Class is one of the sharper tools in the shed
You mean the spray? or the tape? Just googled it real quick but both of them come up...Thanks!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
Quote:
I have 2 or 3 of the stock emblems hanging around, pay shipping and I send you one
Sweet thanks bro! Paypal?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
Thanks for the offer dude, but got impatient and went the pricier ebay route, grill looks nasty with out the emblem and all those holes showing. Cheers!

P.S: Sweet truck! what lift and tires you got on there man?