Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

"how i do get rid swirl scratches"

Old 09-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Admiral Awesome is a jewel in the roughAdmiral Awesome is a jewel in the roughAdmiral Awesome is a jewel in the rough

Name: anthony
Admiral Awesome's Tacoma Gallery
"how i do get rid swirl scratches"

the other day i used this application pad and it left all these swirl marks how would i go about getting rid of these and what products should i use?
Old 09-28-2012, 08:38 AM   #2
HEAVY WT will become famous soon enoughHEAVY WT will become famous soon enough
Name: Matthew
HEAVY WT's Tacoma Gallery
I've used Eagle Nano Wax or similar products. My car is black and when I use the waxes made for black cars it helps. I guess the wax molecules are smaller so it fills in the swirl marks. I have tried black wax and its just a mess...

This is after 7 years in the FL sun an 167k miles...

Old 09-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
I found that the Turtle Wax Black detailer spray really helps. It's as easy as using Windex. It comes in the Turtle Wax Black Box kit (which you might want to look into) or you can buy it separately at any part store.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
Tacomanater21 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
Tacomanater21's Tacoma Gallery
the best way to remove them is wit a highspeed buffer with a foam pad and a good cutting coumpound then a good sealing wax with a micro fiber applicator pad or a orbital buffer. a good clay job before both these does wondrs aswell!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
ohh ps do it in the shade if possible
Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
Dadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of lightDadic 78 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Fil
Dadic 78's Tacoma Gallery
When detailing dark colours, a random-orbit polisher is your best friend. Use a regular buffer to get rid of the scratches, etc. But for your finishing stages, you'll have to use a random-orbit. It will severely reduce the amount of swirls you have.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
Admiral Awesome is a jewel in the roughAdmiral Awesome is a jewel in the roughAdmiral Awesome is a jewel in the rough

Name: anthony
Admiral Awesome's Tacoma Gallery
Would Meguiar's Scratch X and a buffer do the trick?
Old 09-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #8
knayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shedknayrb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
Harbor Freight buffer $19.95. So it won't last a lifetime. It works great 4 times a year on 3 vehicles for about 5 years now. When i breaks, add it to your shooting junk pile and buy another.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #9
JeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeanClaude is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JeanClaude's Tacoma Gallery
A rotary in the hands of someone inexperienced is a terrible thing.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:46 PM   #10
knayrb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by knayrb View Post
Harbor Freight buffer $19.95. So it won't last a lifetime. It works great 4 times a year on 3 vehicles for about 5 years now. When i breaks, add it to your shooting junk pile and buy another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanClaude View Post
A rotary in the hands of someone inexperienced is a terrible thing.
random orbital car waxing buffer not a spinning powertool.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:37 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by knayrb View Post
random orbital car waxing buffer not a spinning powertool.
Thank you!!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #12
Deer Dropper
TACO3 is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
TACO3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanater21 View Post
the best way to remove them is wit a highspeed buffer with a foam pad and a good cutting coumpound then a good sealing wax with a micro fiber applicator pad or a orbital buffer. a good clay job before both these does wondrs aswell!!!
X2
Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #13
ROAD DAWG is on a distinguished road
Navy: boatswains'mate,2nd
ROAD DAWG's Tacoma Gallery
swirls

dude...check out "junkman" on youtube...he has tons of vids on detailing/paint correction.