Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Detailed a members truck

Old 10-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Detailed a members truck

Not the best pics, I know..but I only wanted to snap a few w/ the cell phone. I've given up on fully documenting the work. The befores speak for themselves though I think lol.

Process was a citrus wash (x2), clay, Rewash, PwS on Org pad via PC @5, CG5050
Interior was also done to rid it of all the dog hair!

Old 10-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
JPC2061 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Name: J.P.
JPC2061's Tacoma Gallery
Great work! I tried using one of those clay bars for the graveyard of bugs I have on the bumper. Didn't work right I think I did something wrong or worse there are actual chips in the paint. Any suggestions, cause it looks like you know exactly what you are doing?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
90YotaPU's Tacoma Gallery
I've got to hand it to you. I think my truck looks better now than the day it rolled out of the showroom! I'm looking forward to seeing Jen's car in the daylight today (I got home last night in the dark and left this morning in the dark).
Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPC2061 View Post
Great work! I tried using one of those clay bars for the graveyard of bugs I have on the bumper. Didn't work right I think I did something wrong or worse there are actual chips in the paint. Any suggestions, cause it looks like you know exactly what you are doing?
Thanks!
As you probably know, clay obviously won't do anything for the chipped paint. If something is sitting on the surface, the clay should remove it, depending on what it is. When claying, you typically work in an area approximately 1'x1', making sure to apply a clay lubricant to the surface. Work the clay in a back/forth or side/side motion using medium/moderate pressure. You can certainly work in smaller sections, especially if you're concentrating on removing something specific, like bug guts.
How many passes over the bugs did you make? It may take a few efforts. You can also try a bug remover to help break them down before trying to remove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrd99 View Post
I've got to hand it to you. I think my truck looks better now than the day it rolled out of the showroom! I'm looking forward to seeing Jen's car in the daylight today (I got home last night in the dark and left this morning in the dark).
Thanks
Jen's car looks awesome. It sux it rained last night. I'll be over that way tonight so I can give it a quick wipe down and I'll drop you the keys as well. Shoot me a text and let me know when you'll be around.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #5

Law Enforcement:
Mike, Heres the after pics of Jen's car:

Sorry, no befores. But as I mentioned, the car needed some serious clay work. There was a TON of overspray. The majority was isolated to the drivers side, rear and roof. This was likely from the respray the body shop did. It was all removed and you'll probably notice it most on the glass, which is now transparent again lol.

The drizzle that we had overnight allowed to showcase the nice, tight beading that the 476 provides
Old 10-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #6

Law Enforcement:
Resurecting an old thread since I just did a fellow tacoma owners 2nd vehicle... And since it's the time of year to get a winter prep detail in, I thought I'd post up.
This car was pretty hammered. Hood was resprayed after an accident and the quality of the respray showed when it came time to getting it to shine up like the rest of the car. It had a dull appearance that refused to improve, short of probably wetsanding it.
The rest of the car had damage from impacts with other cars/objects, a broom or ice scraper did some damage on the roof and trunk.
Basically? This car was a disaster, but I did what I could!
Befores:

Soooo many swirls!

And I don't think I've clayed a vehicle with this much fallout on it...

Afters:
Swirls be gone...

Not the best lighting for after pics, but you get the idea....