Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Help!!! Daughter left Pen Marks inside my Tacoma

Old 01-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
cwagly is on a distinguished road
cwagly's Tacoma Gallery
Help!!! Daughter left Pen Marks inside my Tacoma

Hi All,

Its been a long time since I chatted with you all. I need a little help. My 3 yr old daughter decided to demonstrate her artistic skills with a ball point pen on the inside off my truck. (My fault for leaving the pen in the truck in the first place!!!). She made marks on the (I think leather cover) of the arm rest/holding compartment that is between the front seats. Any ideas of what I can use to get it out?

Thanks!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #2
tucsontoytaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
tucsontoytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Try the Pampers brand of wipes. I've had luck getting ball point pen off Toyota leather and vinyl with them (especially the sensitive skin/aloe ones). They worked wonders.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
SouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of lightSouthWhittierMetalWorks is a glorious beacon of light

SouthWhittierMetalWorks's Tacoma Gallery
I'd try goof off.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:32 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
any type of house cleaning supply or car cleaning supply will work. leather cleaner works wonders too believe it or not
Old 01-21-2009, 07:40 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
mr clean magic eraser...with a little water added to it...followed up by a good coating of meguiars or mothers vinyl protectant!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
What has worked very well for me. Not just in the truck. Oxyclean. It even removed permanent marker(my 3yr old artist) from wallpaper without harming the wallpaper.

I use it in my truck for the arm rest & door handles when they start to get nasty. Cleans them like new. Of course test it in a hidden area first. But so far everything I have used it on had no problems.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Mr. Clean magic eraser
any luck?
Old 01-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #9
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
What is it with the young girls? Last year, my 2 year old daughter scribbled on my wife's 07 Honda CRV with a rock.

The Magic Eraser works wonders, but use it wisely, it is abrasive.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #10
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Let the sun soak it up. I've had multiple instances of pen marks on the center console. Just wipe it off with some cleaning wipes and let it sit for a few days. You can't even tell in mine anymore.