Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

All Weather Floor Mats for a Manual trany?

Old 01-22-2009, 08:22 AM   #1
ByeByeDiesel is on a distinguished road
ByeByeDiesel's Tacoma Gallery
All Weather Floor Mats for a Manual trany?

I wish WeatherTech's mat fit manual transmition Tacomas, but I just got off the phone with them and they said no. I see some of you like the Husky mats. What are you other manual trany. guy running for floor mats? Just trying to protect my "investment".
Old 01-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #2
Tacoma Newbie
moserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud ofmoserjjx has much to be proud of
moserjjx's Tacoma Gallery
I would get weathertech liners and do some trimming
Old 01-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
-TRDMAN-'s Tacoma Gallery
Get the huskies i have them and love them!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
Get the huskies i have them and love them!
X2 just trim around the clutch
Old 01-22-2009, 09:17 AM   #5
-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed-TRDMAN- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
X2 just trim around the clutch
I didn't do any trimming....
Old 01-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
ByeByeDiesel is on a distinguished road
ByeByeDiesel's Tacoma Gallery
so what's the deal? the clutch pedal gets in the way? what do you do, trip out the area where the clutch would hit the floor? does the mat prevent the clutch from opening all the way?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:10 AM   #7
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by -TRDMAN- View Post
I didn't do any trimming....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeDiesel View Post
so what's the deal? the clutch pedal gets in the way? what do you do, trip out the area where the clutch would hit the floor? does the mat prevent the clutch from opening all the way?
It doesn't really get in the way, but I figured since in your original post you were concerned about it you could trim around the clutch if you felt you needed the extra travel or anything.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
It doesn't really get in the way, but I figured since in your original post you were concerned about it you could trim around the clutch if you felt you needed the extra travel or anything.
Agree... husky liners need NO trimming!
Old 01-23-2009, 03:11 PM   #9
ProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the roughProtoJ is a jewel in the rough
ProtoJ's Tacoma Gallery
I have weathertechs and some minor trimming was required. My clutch would go down, but then catch on the way up. It was no big deal, the weathertech material trims nicely and the little notch looks like it was supposed to be there. I have had huskies in other trucks and loved them, but I think weathertechs look better.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #10
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
I have Husky Liners on both my (manual) S-Runners. They fit fine, cover the carpet well, and don't interfere with my clutch at all. I've never had to trim or adjust them.

I *did* have clutch interference problems years ago when using flat mats (as opposed to moulded liners). The flat mats would eventually 'crawl' forward until their leading edge interfered with clutch travel.