Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

super glue on the dash

Old 01-22-2009, 06:09 PM   #1
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cole47
super glue on the dash

okay ive had my truck for about a year now and whoever had the truck before me for some reason got superglue on the dash, i cannot get it off for the life of me i have tried goof of lacker thiner, oxy cleaner....does anyone know how to get it off? or am i just stuck with it?
Old 01-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
Western Alliance: Yeehaw Division
Clelsdah is on a distinguished road

Clelsdah's Tacoma Gallery
Acetone works on fresh superglue, not sure about old superglue. I have used acetone on many things without harm. I would try it on a rag in a inconspicuous place before if possible. Acetone is available at most hardware store paint departments.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
cole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to beholdcole47 is a splendid one to behold

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clelsdah View Post
Acetone works on fresh superglue, not sure about old superglue. I have used acetone on many things without harm. I would try it on a rag in a inconspicuous place before if possible. Acetone is available at most hardware store paint departments.
okay do you know if it will discolor it?
Old 01-22-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say acetone too, but I don't think it will get old stuff off...
Old 01-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
doesnt old super glue get to the stage where it flakes. like old tree sap?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #6

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know ive scratched at i think every day since ive had the truck....its not hurting anything but it looks bad. it looks like he wiped it so it looks smeared on there
Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #7
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Super Solvent
For Cyanoacrylate Instant Glues
Manufactured by Golden West
You can pick it up at a Woodcraft store if their is one nearby. I use it a lot for woodworking (superglue 2 parts together temporarily and use the solvent to take them apart) I think it dissolves the glue. $6.50 for 2.5 oz bottle. Hope this helps. It works on skin too!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
oh i thought you were talking about like a small dot of super glue.. Theres some solvent out there that does the job for you.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #9

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntstan View Post
Super Solvent
For Cyanoacrylate Instant Glues
Manufactured by Golden West
You can pick it up at a Woodcraft store if their is one nearby. I use it a lot for woodworking (superglue 2 parts together temporarily and use the solvent to take them apart) I think it dissolves the glue. $6.50 for 2.5 oz bottle. Hope this helps. It works on skin too!
would lowes have it?
Old 01-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #10

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
oh i thought you were talking about like a small dot of super glue.. Theres some solvent out there that does the job for you.
nah its like 2 inches long and like 3 tall, its on my airbag on the passenger side dash
Old 01-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #11
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole47 View Post
would lowes have it?
Not sure about Lowes, I kind of doubt it but if they're close it's worth a try. You can order it from Woodcraft online if all else fails.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #12

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntstan View Post
Not sure about Lowes, I kind of doubt it but if they're close it's worth a try. You can order it from Woodcraft online if all else fails.
okay ill hit up lowes tomaro if they dont ill just order it
Old 01-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #13

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
DISCLAIMER !!!! Try it somewhere you can't see on the dash first. But you already knew that. Hey, you're from Hickory? I used to live on Lake Norman in Mooresville, yeah I miss the south.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #14

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
There used to be a Woodcraft in Hickory 4 yrs ago, I'll bet they're still there.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #15

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
nicee do you remeber where it was? you from around hickory??
Old 01-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #16

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cole47 View Post
nicee do you remeber where it was? you from around hickory??
Mooresville. But I'm sure there was a Woodcraft store in Hickory because I had to go there all the time, it was kind of back in a neighborhood near a Tech. school and a mall. I cant remember the name of the road though, sorry. Give me a minute and I bet I can find it.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:05 PM   #17

cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry man, it's a different woodworking store, try this I'll bet they have it.
http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-b...age=stores.htm

The nearest Woodcraft to you is Charlotte.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #18

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
ok thanks man
Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #19
e-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud ofe-rok has much to be proud of

e-rok's Tacoma Gallery
CA debonder will take it off, not sure what it will do to your dash, test on an inconspicuous spot first if you try it

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXM379&P=ML
Old 01-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #20

cole47's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i just dont wanna wind up with a dicolored place on my dash