Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

wax stained fenders

Old 11-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
mjmpkc is on a distinguished road
mjmpkc's Tacoma Gallery
wax stained fenders

hey i have an 01 tacoma. waxed the truck recently and got wax on the black plastic fender didnt notice it for a few days now its all dry and i havent been able to get the white streaks out anyone how to get them out.
thanks.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
Upon my signal, unleash Hell
Skootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to allSkootter14 is a name known to all

Army: Aviation
Name: Jeremy
Skootter14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmpkc View Post
hey i have an 01 tacoma. waxed the truck recently and got wax on the black plastic fender didnt notice it for a few days now its all dry and i havent been able to get the white streaks out anyone how to get them out.
thanks.
Superior Products "Cover All." its used for tires and interior shining, but I got some wax on the top bed railing thats plastic and textured. I wasnt sure what to use to get it off, decided to try a little bit of that on a rag and rub the wax off. Sure enough it came off! I only used a little bit AND it was a little area, so it may or may not work for you, its just what I did (obviously I'm not responsible if it doesnt work for ya or messes anything up ) I got it from O'Reillys for like 6 bucks. Works GREAT on tires though!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
conquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura about

conquistador's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
For a cheap fix try creamy peanut butter and a tooth brush.

x2 or microfiber rag
Old 11-03-2012, 11:42 PM   #5
mjmpkc is on a distinguished road
mjmpkc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
For a cheap fix try creamy peanut butter and a tooth brush.
on just the area with the wax or the whole fender?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmpkc View Post
on just the area with the wax or the whole fender?
Just use the peanut butter to remove the wax. When you get the wax off go over all the plastic with Mother's Back to Black.