1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wax on truck

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by OhioTXpro, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Nov 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM
    OhioTXpro

OhioTXpro [OP] Member

Member:
    I went to my local dealership and got my truck waxed, when I brought it home I noticed there is wax all over the plastic door handles and the bed liner.... what is the best way to get the wax off the plastic? Thanks

2. Nov 15, 2012 at 1:22 PM
    mutilatedjak

mutilatedjak n00b waffle

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    11 DC SB TRD Sport 6spd
    BP-51s, Dakar leafs, ARB bumper, 4xinnovations rear HC, 3x trail camera, pure android, lightforce 170s, Dick Cepek 255 85s extreme terrain.
    take it back to the dealer and ask them to fix it, because they shouldnt have left the wax there in the first place?

If you want to do it yourself, I use a microfiber cloth and some plastic cleaner/protector liquid (which I normally use on all of the plastic trim to clean it, and bring back that black look). Dont quote me on this being the proper way, but it works for me.

3. Nov 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    Devog7

Devog7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hermitage PA
    Vehicle:
    19 DCSB TRD-Off Road
    N2 Remote start, TRD Pro Grille, Pop & Lock,
    Since it was the dealership that screwed up I would take it back and have them clean it. If you decide you want to clean it up on your own I use an old toothbrush to clean off of the bed trim followed with some back to black like mutilatedjak said.

4. Nov 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Atlanta, Ga
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma TRD
    Take it back to the place that did it. If you paid to have them wax it, they should have done it right.

If you decide to do it yourself next time, (I recommend you learn to wax your own truck) one of those Mr. Clean magic erasers does a great job at getting wax off the trip like that.

Products Discussed in

To Top