Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Wax on truck

Old 11-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
OhioTXpro is on a distinguished road
OhioTXpro's Tacoma Gallery
Wax on truck

I went to my local dealership and got my truck waxed, when I brought it home I noticed there is wax all over the plastic door handles and the bed liner.... what is the best way to get the wax off the plastic? Thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
take it back to the dealer and ask them to fix it, because they shouldnt have left the wax there in the first place?

If you want to do it yourself, I use a microfiber cloth and some plastic cleaner/protector liquid (which I normally use on all of the plastic trim to clean it, and bring back that black look). Dont quote me on this being the proper way, but it works for me.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
Devog7 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Devog7's Tacoma Gallery
Since it was the dealership that screwed up I would take it back and have them clean it. If you decide you want to clean it up on your own I use an old toothbrush to clean off of the bed trim followed with some back to black like mutilatedjak said.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Frank Drebin is on a distinguished road
Name: Taylor
Frank Drebin's Tacoma Gallery
Take it back to the place that did it. If you paid to have them wax it, they should have done it right.

If you decide to do it yourself next time, (I recommend you learn to wax your own truck) one of those Mr. Clean magic erasers does a great job at getting wax off the trip like that.