Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Paint Can on Freeway

Old 11-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
spark4 is on a distinguished road
spark4's Tacoma Gallery
Paint Can on Freeway

Construction truck lost his load of melamine sheets and a gallon of white paint in front of me on the freeway today. I now have white paint splattered over the drivers side and front of my truck. Paint can ended up hitting my windshield as well, left a couple small scrapes on the glass.

I'm hoping that a detail can get it all off and hopefully there aren't any major scratches underneath the mess.

Any pro detailers out there have to deal with this type of mess and should i go through insurance or just pay for a detail?

If I do get it detailed im hoping I can find someone on here that cares as much about their customers cars as they do their own, especially fello taco's. I stopped by the local wash and talked to their detailer which looks like a high school kid who might just go crazy with the buffer and swirl mark my clear coat to death.

I scratched a little bit of paint off with my finger nail. It dried pretty quick when I pulled off freeway to inspect it. Guy said it was water based. Smelled pretty nasty to me though when i stepped outta my truck.

If anyone can recommend any good detailers who can get me a quote or who have dealt with this type of situation Let me know. Thanks

I've included some pics

Update: I just gently scraped off one of the larger splashes of paint and it seems to have etched into my clear coat. In this case I really hope that "it'll buff right out" I'm pretty bummed.
Attached Thumbnails
Paint Can on Freeway-img_2119.jpg   Paint Can on Freeway-img_2120.jpg   Paint Can on Freeway-img_2121.jpg   Paint Can on Freeway-img_2124.jpg   Paint Can on Freeway-img_2125.jpg  

Paint Can on Freeway-img_2126.jpg   Paint Can on Freeway-img_2122.jpg   Paint Can on Freeway-img_2123.jpg  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
Call his insurance co.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
"... Intercepting The Localizer"
File IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shedFile IFR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
File IFR's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit! Please tell us you caught up with the truck to get his info.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
spark4's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah,

Actually the guy had no choice but the pull over cause the rest of his load was about to fly out. There were two other cars that pulled over as well. I got their info as witness's just incase.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Good. Now you can get that fixed for free hopefully. That's awful.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #7
conquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura about

conquistador's Tacoma Gallery
If your looking for a true highend end detailer and in Orange County I would check out this guy http://www.enviousautodetailing.com/

Check out his work here http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...nt-correction/
Old 11-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #8
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Claybar and lots of patience
Old 11-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
TacoCBR is on a distinguished road

TacoCBR's Tacoma Gallery
$50 fix. Bottle of quick detailer and claybar.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sucks man:/ but kinda off the subject...I like those wheels
Old 11-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #12
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain OP. The FIRST NIGHT I bought my taco I was driving it home from Raleigh on I-40, and some jackass in a pickup in front of me is missing a tailgate and has a bucket of paint or something back there. It flies off and smacks into the front passenger side of my BRAND NEW (to me at least) truck, splattering red paint all over the bumper and the bucket broke my front mudflap off. Luckily I was able to pull over quickly and it all cleaned off easily.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #13
Walker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant futureWalker T has a brilliant future

Army: Squad Leader, Charlie Company, 4/16th Regiment, 1st Infantry Division. Oh-so-many years ago...
Walker T's Tacoma Gallery
Those tires and rims are completely RUINED! I'd be willing to lessen your pain by taking them off your hands...heck...I'll even come pick 'em up.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #14
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
i think you should keep it on, makes it more custom.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #15
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker T View Post
Those tires and rims are completely RUINED! I'd be willing to lessen your pain by taking them off your hands...heck...I'll even come pick 'em up.
I was thinking the same thing haha
Old 11-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #16
spark4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by conquistador View Post
If your looking for a true highend end detailer and in Orange County I would check out this guy http://www.enviousautodetailing.com/

Check out his work here http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...nt-correction/
Thanks I just emailed him. I've actually seen his work he posts on Dezert Rangers. Impressive work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoCBR View Post
$50 fix. Bottle of quick detailer and claybar.
I tried Quick Detailer and Clay on one of the splatter marks. Paint comes off but it leaves behind a dull imprint, like the paint has been etched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker T View Post
Hahah, i've only had the wheels on for a couple weeks, In fact only my 4th time driving the truck in that time period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamamerica View Post
i think you should keep it on, makes it more custom.
I dont' think it will grow on me anytime soon. You should try it on yours though.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #17
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
I would leave it, it looks pretty cool
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #18
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
It actually looks pretty damn cool in the pictures lol. You should be able to scrub it off though.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #19
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
someone out there would pay good money for that paint job.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #20
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Razor blade the glass and claybar the rest.