Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

What do you guys use to remove interior scratches?

Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
EwwFishTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
EwwFishTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What do you guys use to remove interior scratches?

I was cleaning out my Tacoma yesterday evening and noticed a few small scratches on my glove box from shoes and up around the seat belts due to people being careless when they remove them. I try to keep my Tacoma pristine and these little imperfections really irritate me.

Does anyone have a product they use to remove small interior scratches? I've heard of the old method of using a heat gun and rubbing on the scratch. Would something like Plastix help remove scratches?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
conquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura aboutconquistador has a spectacular aura about

conquistador's Tacoma Gallery
There is nothing that can remove scratches. I guess you could lightly sand the area but that would take off the finish and look worse. I would also stay away from the heat gun. It is likely to discolor the plastics. Best bet is get some 303 aerospace protectant to condition and some what hide them.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
You can try to use some 0000 steel wool. I've done this on smooth plastic trim (around seat base) with success. Keep in mind, like with any type of polishing, you run the chance of changing the appearance of the surrounding area.
Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
I've used Meguiars Scratch-X 2.0 on shiny interior parts (like the sliver plastic around the cupholders) and it has gotten rid of fine scratches.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #5
Bigcanoe is on a distinguished road
Bigcanoe's Tacoma Gallery
I was gonna ask the same question. Is there a touchup pen for the dark and light grey interior panels like on the dash and glovebox?
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #6
Buckeye Member
cc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcc350 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HT1st Class
Name: Chas
cc350's Tacoma Gallery
Use a heatgun. Only thing that works..... Just take your time and go back and forth till scratches fade. It does work well. Never stay in a spot to long, you'll see it working... Also works great for removing white bend marks on ATV fenders...