Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Bed Liner Fender Flares

Old 12-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
rossivey is on a distinguished road
rossivey's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Liner Fender Flares

I'm thinking about having some pocket style fender flares sprayed with bed liner but don't know which one is better (Rhino or Line-X) or if it'll ever work or if it'll look good. Anyone done this to aftermarket fender flares. I've seen the trucks with their factory fender flares rattle canned with bed liner but I want to hear from someone who has done it this way or see some pics maybe.

My truck is black if that helps any.

Anyone out there got any info for me?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #2
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
I bedlined my stock fender flares last week. They look great, and I just used the cheap $8 bedliner from Walmart! I also did my bumper, mirrors, and mudflaps
Old 12-18-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
dvs6 is on a distinguished road

dvs6's Tacoma Gallery
WThomas1250,

Any pictures of your work that you did?

How much could you coat with one can?

I am thinking of doing the same thing and wondering how much to buy.

Thanks!

dvs6
Old 12-21-2012, 05:15 AM   #4
TTT
Old 12-21-2012, 05:23 AM   #5
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my truck and they had done this to some bushwackers. I didn't prefer it and ended up trading someone on here for the oem ones. I've got pictures somewhere. I'll upload them for you when I find them.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #6
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try to post some pics of mine later.
I used a can of Rustoleum from Walmart and one can coated all my flares, my mirrors, and half my front bumper. Looks great
Old 12-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #7
double dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the sheddouble dee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Derrick
double dee's Tacoma Gallery
heres a couple pictures of the flares with bedliner

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...mp-7033-a.html
Old 12-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #8
Deadcrowm is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Name: Mike
Deadcrowm's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine but I cheated cause I was at a friends body shop so I got to use all of his equipment ie paint booth, masking tape and plastics, and gun. I did my fenders,bumpers, and rocker panels. I think it looks rad!
Attached Thumbnails
Bed Liner Fender Flares-image.jpg  
Old 12-27-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Ensign
Name: Jake
JNome's Tacoma Gallery
^ hmmmm... looks familiar.... did mine as well but left the color matched flares...

OP, if you are going to have it done professionally, go with line X in my opinion. It dries nice and hard and you can get it so it doesn't fade... do the rockers while you are at it, shouldn't really be any significant diference in price since the truck will be taped up and ready to spray. Line X is rugged as hell.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
I'll be going with Line X for sure. I was also wondering how much weight the bed liner adds. Will it make the fender flares sag from the added weight? I don't know how they'll hold up if they're sprayed with bed liner.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #11
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNome View Post
^ hmmmm... looks familiar.... did mine as well but left the color matched flares...

OP, if you are going to have it done professionally, go with line X in my opinion. It dries nice and hard and you can get it so it doesn't fade... do the rockers while you are at it, shouldn't really be any significant diference in price since the truck will be taped up and ready to spray. Line X is rugged as hell.

Can they color match line X? I was thinking about doing my rockers on my indigo ink since they are all chipped up. Any idea how much this would cost to do professionally?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC47 View Post
Can they color match line X? I was thinking about doing my rockers on my indigo ink since they are all chipped up. Any idea how much this would cost to do professionally?
I believe they can. My buddy got his bed lined about 8yrs ago and he had the option of color matching the bedliner to his truck but decided not to.