LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Easiest plasti dip removal

Old 12-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Easiest plasti dip removal

I plasti dipped my wheels about a year ago and as you fellow dippers know, it does not come off as easily as they make it look on YouTube. I found an extremely easy way to remove the dip from your wheels.

Go to autozone and get the biggest can of wd40 you can buy. Spray liberally on your dipped area and wait about 5 minutes. Then wipe off with a rag! It's as simple as that. The wd40 turns the old plasti dip into melted butter without damaging any paint, clear coat, rubber or plastics. (Just make sure to remove all wd40 residue to be safe)

You can speed up this process by using a pressure washer to remove the wd40'd dip instead of a rag. This is what I did as well as a rag.

Just BE CAREFUL not to get a lot of wd40 on your brakes and calipers. I don't know about you, but I like to stop!

Happy dipping!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

before:

after:

Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #4
Bam-Ba-Lam

Thanks ryan
Old 04-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #5
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, thanks for the info!! +
Old 04-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Tried this last night to remove some overspray on my front bumper and behind the driver rear wheel from doing the bumper. As it wasn't a full coat, just flecks of overspray, I couldn't just peel it off.

WD40 works. It makes plasti dip its bitch. I sprayed a little on the paint and some on a paper towel and it wiped right off like dirt. It was awesome.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
sodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant futuresodoscott has a brilliant future

sodoscott's Tacoma Gallery
Good info
Old 07-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #8
kills4kiks will become famous soon enoughkills4kiks will become famous soon enough

Name: Adam
kills4kiks's Tacoma Gallery
WD-40 Works Amazing

Just tired using WD-40 to remove Plasti-Dip... Works amazing !!!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
Crainjo is on a distinguished road
Crainjo's Tacoma Gallery
Turtle wax label and sticker remover worked for me great today. Dipped the badges and front emblem on my tacoma this afternoon and had one thin spray next to the tape line. Sprayed some on and it wiped off in seconds. Has orange oil in it I think.