Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

window tint streaks

Old 12-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
ugadanny08 is on a distinguished road
Army: Sgt. MP
ugadanny08's Tacoma Gallery
window tint streaks

I just had the dealership replace damaged window tint and when I got home I noticed a few air bubbles and streaks behind the tint. Not wanting to waste my gas driving back to the dealership, I squeegeed out the air bubbles but I still have a few streaks from the moisture behind the tint. Will the streaks eventually go away or should I take it back to the dealership?
Old 12-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
CVAC085 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
CVAC085's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugadanny08 View Post
I just had the dealership replace damaged window tint and when I got home I noticed a few air bubbles and streaks behind the tint. Not wanting to waste my gas driving back to the dealership, I squeegeed out the air bubbles but I still have a few streaks from the moisture behind the tint. Will the streaks eventually go away or should I take it back to the dealership?
If I'm not mistaken I think it's normal to see streaks in the tint?? It takes a few days to cure to the window. I couldn't open mine for 3-5 days. I let it cure for 7 days.

To be safe and considering you don't want to drive all the way back to the dealership. Give them a call and explain to them what you saw when you first got home and go from there. It might be part of the normal curing. But better off safe than sorry. Especially if you paid a decent amount of money for tints.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
im not sure what you mean by streaks im assuming long air bubbles, or do you mean water/liquid streaks?

keep your truck in the sun for 2-3 days without rolling windows down and itll fix itself
Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
im not sure what you mean by streaks im assuming long air bubbles, or do you mean water/liquid streaks?

keep your truck in the sun for 2-3 days without rolling windows down and itll fix itself
No air bubbles, just discoloration behind the tint. I can squeegee it out with a credit card, but don't want to unless I have to.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #5
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
if the window was not cleaned properly before install you can have this issue. Give it a couple days to cure if its still there after a 5 or so days take it back. Call and let them know now you think there is an issue so its on file.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #6

Firefighter:
CVAC085's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoTaco View Post
if the window was not cleaned properly before install you can have this issue. Give it a couple days to cure if its still there after a 5 or so days take it back. Call and let them know now you think there is an issue so its on file.
x2. Cover yourself.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
my windows have always had small air bubbles and streaks for a few days while it dries and cures. Did they not tell you this along with telling you to not roll the window down for a while?
Old 12-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
my windows have always had small air bubbles and streaks for a few days while it dries and cures. Did they not tell you this along with telling you to not roll the window down for a while?
They just told me not to roll down the window...
Old 12-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
They just told me not to roll down the window...
their tint guy is probably just some 17 year old kid who half asses everything, atleast my dealer is lol.

i always get my vehicles tinted at this one local shop. guy knows what hes doing never had an issue best in town only one in town lol
Old 12-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #10

Firefighter:
CVAC085's Tacoma Gallery
I got so many tint and auto shop places here that do tints, stereos, alarms etc. And 2 or 3 truck shops that do nothing but trucks and jeeps.

My suggestion is to let it be for a few days like I said in an earlier post. (Keyword) IF something should happen and the problem is still there. I'd go back and raise hell. Maybe go look for another tint shop and ask around with friends and family to see if they know places. And fight for your money back...although they're stealership's for a reason and probably won't even refund you.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #12
yeah, it looks better. I guess the streaks that I saw was moisture between the tint and window.
thanks guys.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:40 PM   #13
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah, it looks better. I guess the streaks that I saw was moisture between the tint and window.
thanks guys.
So did the bubbles go away too?
Old 12-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #14
I was able to push the bubbles out with a credit card.