Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

xmas tree sap laughs at goo gone

Old 06-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #41
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thread revival FTW
Old 07-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #42
denmen is a jewel in the roughdenmen is a jewel in the roughdenmen is a jewel in the roughdenmen is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dennis
denmen's Tacoma Gallery
personally, i'm leaning towards the BUTTER technique and possibly the hair dryer method (although, it's been wicked hot the past week and today, no luck removing heat-softened sap)...
then, by default, patience, just let it dry and then flake off carefully.
i just tried dawn dishwashing liquid.
i will try some goo gone tomorrow.
and, if goo gone doesn't work, then i'll try butter.
and then, last resort, waiting out the whole "patience" route... grrrr, we'll see how things go...
i'll be sure to post progress updates!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #43
Pdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmast View Post
not much progress with
wd40
goo gone
prep all
alcohol

WTF

hoping to find a solvent to do the work

fingernail worked best...

fraser fir jizz pics

that is in deep
Acetone will do the trick
Old 09-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #44
cheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shedcheeseit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cheeseit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdugan6 View Post
Acetone will do the trick
and remove all the paint in the process
Old 09-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #45
t3hk is on a distinguished road
t3hk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post
If there was ever anything to trust a Canadian on I would think it would be sap.
hahahaha
Old 09-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #46
Greenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to beholdGreenpants is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
Greenpants's Tacoma Gallery
Turtle Wax makes a bug & tar remover. I live in the woods & have to remove sap all the time . This stuff works & doesn't hurt your paint.

greenpants....mike
Old 09-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #47
denmen is a jewel in the roughdenmen is a jewel in the roughdenmen is a jewel in the roughdenmen is a jewel in the rough

Name: Dennis
denmen's Tacoma Gallery
i tried butter technique on a rooftop carrier box. worked pretty well, still took some muscle work to remove. i actually used isopropyl alcohol to remove from tacoma itself, and that worked very easily. made sure to follow immediately with a water flush, to avoid any issue from the IPA being overly effective! i think next time i will try the hairdryer/heatgun method, that sounds reasonably probable at being effective.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #48
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
The longer the butter sits, the better it will work.