Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

how to make lugnuts black

Old 12-19-2012, 02:18 AM   #1
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
how to make lugnuts black

i plan on painting my wheels black, is there anything i can do to make my lugnuts black, i imagine if i paint them or plastidip them it will come off when i tighten them back on the wheels....im trying to avoid buying black ones
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
i always did plastidip just for the ease of it, but as you said after a few tire rotations youlll see it come off. what i did my last time was SAND THE HELL OUT OF THEM, which is hard because their so small and your hands are im assuming quite larger then the nuts , then just spray black paint on them, i used cheap 99 cent black paint and then clear coated the hell out of them and they seem to be good after one tire rotation.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wondering this myself.

My solution was to find flat black lug nuts (I'm painting my wheels flat black) but can't seem to find any for a 1st gen 4WD
Old 01-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #4
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
sand the LIVING HELL out of them. prime once, paint twice. and be gentle when reinstalling.

oh and no more black for you madjik man. our trucks are looking too similar
Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
fyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud of

Firefighter: CFD
Name: Pat
fyremanpat's Tacoma Gallery
What about "blueing" them... like what they do on guns. Its basically an acid rust that turns black. Very durable and pretty easy to do.