Notices

attempted spray painted grill

Old 12-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
rookie
ryan c is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
attempted spray painted grill

So 3 weeks ago i decided to spray paint my chrome bar billet grill gloss black. Everything was going perfect until i screwed it up at the very end ( figures ). Today i decided to redo it. I used jasco paint remover and it didnt go good. It was my first time using it so maybe i messed it up. After 5 hours of trying to get one piece cleaned up right, i decided to get help. I called a local sandblasting company and they are now gonna sandblast and powdercoat it for $110. Should have done that from the start. Seems like a deal considering it wont chip like it would if it was spray painted. Post pics tomorrow when I get it.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
First time Taco
xguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nice

Name: Cory
xguntherc's Tacoma Gallery
pictures...
Old 12-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I just lightly sanded mine down and re-did it! Plasti dip is the best shit and goes on EASY with no overspray spots.....its matte black though! I've also had great results with krylon fusion too, its made for plastics!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
rookie

ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
thanks kcduran. Sublime I think I put too much on the first time so I wanted to just start all over but at thispoint I should have just bought a black grill new and had two to swap out. you live and learn
Old 12-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
First time Taco
xguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nicexguntherc is just really nice

Name: Cory
xguntherc's Tacoma Gallery
Yea looks solid man.. I think I'll be doing the same but keeping my Toyota logo, but I'll debadge the rest of my truck
Old 12-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #10
Certified Mall Crawling Instructor
SwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwanksTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Name: Steven
SwanksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I asked a powder coating company around where I live and they said they couldn't do it because the grille was plastic
Old 12-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
rookie

ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
we must have different grills Steven. mines an aftermarket bar billet grill so it wasn't a problem. and thanks homertaco I could have bought a beautiful new one from you for the price ive paid.