Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

What product to remove scratches from the plastic inserts behind the rear DC seats ?

Old 12-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What product to remove scratches from the plastic inserts behind the rear DC seats ?

Mothers Back to Black work or ?
Old 12-23-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
Tire shine! lol I used the black to black on the plastic on the bed rails and roof racks it did hide the scratches for a bit but got lazy after the elements kept wiping it off think it had a funny smell too?
Interesting
Old 12-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
STP Son-of-a-gun
Old 12-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
meguairs plastx
Old 12-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

for light scratches
Old 12-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I tried Meguairs Plastic Polish too , that worked a bit but not entirely
Old 12-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I tried Meguairs Plastic Polish too , that worked a bit but not entirely
Mothers Plastic Polish
Old 12-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
I've read of heating the plastic to get rid of light scratches... never actually tried it though.
I thought about trying that too

It's actually not a huge deal , I took out the inserts behind the rear seats of my DC and removed the cast in shelf from the passenger side , I was just looking to make it seem like the shelf was never there if possible

The black plastic goes white when cut / sanded
Old 12-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #12

2000 grit sandpaper or finer and some plastic polish of your choice
try a small area first
Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #13
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I thought about trying that too

It's actually not a huge deal , I took out the inserts behind the rear seats of my DC and removed the cast in shelf from the passenger side , I was just looking to make it seem like the shelf was never there if possible

The black plastic goes white when cut / sanded
more info...

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detaili...-interior.html
Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
On composite and PVC decking we use heat guns to remove light scratches and swirls etc. The only concern would be is if there is any texture at all, typically the heated plastic goes matte or even sometimes semi-gloss which will make is stick out. (Semi-gloss means to much heat was used.)

Maybe try light heat gun with one of the recommended plastic touch ups?