Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Anybody use spray wax?

Old 01-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
TacoMan1911 is on a distinguished road
TacoMan1911's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody use spray wax?

I wash my truck using a gold class car wash and then drying with a microfiber towel. Then, usually use a spray wax (ultimate quick wax) after every wash. Does this protect the paint, or am I wasting my time? Also, any suggestions on products would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMan1911 View Post
I wash my truck using a gold class car wash and then drying with a microfiber towel. Then, usually use a spray wax (ultimate quick wax) after every wash. Does this protect the paint, or am I wasting my time?
I usually use Zymol wax, but I just bought a bottle of Eagle One Nanowax just to try it out. My guess is that it won't last as long as a paste wax, but it will still protect your paint and keep the shine. I'll try it out and see what happens.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wash my truck using a gold class car wash and then drying with a microfiber towel. Then, usually use a spray wax (ultimate quick wax) after every wash. Does this protect the paint, or am I wasting my time?
I've never used that particular product, however some wax products do shine up quite a bit and cover trail/brush scratches. The real differnce is when you buff with a high speed buffer.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
PolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolishAndWax.com is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PolishAndWax.com's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wash my truck using a gold class car wash and then drying with a microfiber towel. Then, usually use a spray wax (ultimate quick wax) after every wash. Does this protect the paint, or am I wasting my time? Also, any suggestions on products would be greatly appreciated.
Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax is a good product. I've used it many times. It smells great too!

Of course I also use our wax (CSI Q-7 Spray Wax) and I also like Duragloss Aquawax. The latter is probably the easiest to remove out of all the products I've tried.

Conventional waxes and sealants might last longer but I found the ease of the sprays so convenient that I don't mind waxing every few months.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I really like the Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax. It's by far the best spray on wax I've ever used. I did test it and applied it on a hot day in direct sunlight (says you can do this on the bottle) and it applied perfectly and held up for a long time. In the past I've used Eagle One products and I can't remember the other brand I was using, Meguiar's is the best I've used with regards to spray applied wax.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #6
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
I have never used such product. Mcguires does have awesome products. I use the hard wax's. Wax on wax off grasshopper. Gives you buff arms.. Pun intended.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
I always used Optimum's spray wax and thought it was very easy to use. No need to let it haze over...simply spray on, wipe off. Good stuff.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
I got a buddy who SWEARS by spray wax...he even uses it on his windows...which I don't recommend but oh well, it's his ride. It's definitely quicker than typical waxing but doesn't last nearly as long. I think he uses the Meguiar's and loves it.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #9
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
another vote for Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax. I bought it specifically for the hot application.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauncho View Post
I got a buddy who SWEARS by spray wax...he even uses it on his windows...which I don't recommend but oh well, it's his ride. It's definitely quicker than typical waxing but doesn't last nearly as long. I think he uses the Meguiar's and loves it.
I wipe in any overspray into my windows, no harm done. With hand applied wax, I keep it off the glass.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
J11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant futureJ11Tac has a brilliant future

J11Tac's Tacoma Gallery
I use this every wash, every 2 weeks or so. I did it on my previous truck for 2 years never did a hard wax. It worked great. If you do it often, IMO, it works just as well.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #12
International Jewel Thief
Drummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Michael
Drummer0247's Tacoma Gallery
yup second all the votes for meguiars quik wax its awesome.... that and 303 aerospace for everything else are the best!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
Rsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRsoxfan1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rsoxfan1's Tacoma Gallery
I use the Meg's ultimate quick wax when drying my vehicles every time I wash them...
Old 01-11-2013, 03:24 AM   #14
Rubber Side Down
Glocker23 is on a distinguished road

EMS:
Glocker23's Tacoma Gallery
Mothers spray wax everytime I wash the truck. It works quite well. Not a replacement for dedicating time for a real waxing. But good enough to get you there
Old 01-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #15
diesel30 is on a distinguished road

diesel30's Tacoma Gallery
we use this stuff for our showroom cars. does a fantastic job.

One of the detailers that worked in a body shop for over 15 years told me that the best wax on the market period is made by 3M. We use it on some of our really high end vehicles when they come in on trade. It takes some elbow grease to put it on but the end result is nothing short of amazing. I will never put any other wax on my vehicles.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 AM   #16
hetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant futurehetkind has a brilliant future
Army: Defense Contract Management Agency
Name: Howard
hetkind's Tacoma Gallery
We just did a major wash and wax job on the Jeep Sahara and the Turtle Spay Wax did a great job of causing water to bead and make the paint look better...

Howard
Old 01-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #17
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
wax

Last year I started using Turtle Ice Wax and I could not be more happier.Went on smooth and fast and the rain just beaded right off.

later tig1
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #19
tig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtig1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
tig1's Tacoma Gallery
wax

The one main reason I switched,I also like the no wait period for applying.Wipe on/wipe off..Yeah I said it.

later tig1
Old 01-21-2013, 06:26 AM   #20
abbacoa is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
abbacoa's Tacoma Gallery
I bought Griots wax & it works well but it's tough to remove cleanly so I went back to my Collinite Insulator wax #845. Its industrial strength & goes on very easy & comes off just as easily. It protects for months & I use it on the windshield. RainX will dry out the wipers & make them hard but the wax has no effects & water just runs off so @ speed I use them very little