Notices

sun fade from trd sticker

Old 01-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
rookie
ryan c is on a distinguished road

Name: ryan
ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
sun fade from trd sticker

Hey guys I know ive seen some posts on this before but I cant find them now that I need them haha. I know its hard to see but ive applied goo gone 5-6 times and theres still "ghost writing" there. Do I just need a good wax now or should I use more goo gone?
Old 01-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
I would clay the truck and get all of the old stuff off. Then you a nice orbital buffer and apply a buffing compound then a good wax after you have gotten rid of the ghosting.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #3
rookie

ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
yah that pic doesn't do it justice. its not so much the outline of the sticker as it is the outline of the writing. I can still read 'toyota racing development'. not all of it but some of it
Old 01-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Yea I have seen those stickers do that before. You may need to even take some 2500 sand paper and some water to sand it off. This is where the buffer comes into play.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #5
if you want some help this weekend and feel like a little drive i'll help ya out. my shop is in yucca valley.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
rookie

ryan c's Tacoma Gallery
thanks man. figures just last month I took it and had a $250 detail to it. then I got the itch to start taking stuff off. yah yucca valley is pretty far haha. ill see if theres a local shop out here. thanks a lot though I appreciate the offer.