Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Window Tint BS

Old 01-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #41
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I think the limit in PA is only 70 on the fronts which is basically nothing. I have 15 on my driver/passenger windows. No issues with cops (knock on wood). Our local cops seem to not care I've had them next to me at lights and what have you tons of times they don't bother to care.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #42
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
Didnt see one like this, so I figured why not. Ask questions about window tint in here, I know there's a lot of confusion out there. I'll start

I'm in CA, and LEGALLY we can't go darker than 70%??? When other states are like ~30. My question is, how dark is your guys' tint on your drivers/passenger windows? (the front two). And do you guys have trouble with the cops?
Here are the tint laws

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index....ting_laws.html
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #43
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I think the limit in PA is only 70 on the fronts which is basically nothing. I have 15 on my driver/passenger windows. No issues with cops (knock on wood). Our local cops seem to not care I've had them next to me at lights and what have you tons of times they don't bother to care.

PA you can only have 70% all around.

Which is essentially nothing on any of the glass
Old 01-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #44
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dubbedSinner's Tacoma Gallery
I need to take some pictures but I have 5% all around and 35% on the windshield. I love it and it's not that bad driving. Hardest thing is backing up but that's what a back up camera is for.

Edit: I've gotten a few warnings but never a ticket. And I now have a doctors note that allows me to have window tint due to light sensitive eyes.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:36 AM   #45
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
What did all you guys pay to have your windows tinted?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #46
dust ...
chris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Chris
chris66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbedSinner View Post
I need to take some pictures but I have 5% all around and 35% on the windshield. I love it and it's not that bad driving. Hardest thing is backing up but that's what a back up camera is for.

Edit: I've gotten a few warnings but never a ticket. And I now have a doctors note that allows me to have window tint due to light sensitive eyes.
nice i was trying to work on that because i have a condition with my eyes too and my eye doctor said if i get them the form they will gladly sign it but im not aware of any form out there for CA
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #47
...'cause I...am Shauncho
Shauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shedShauncho is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shaun
Shauncho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
Both my wife and I got popped for tint on both of our cars (my old civic and her accord). Now, I don't mess with tint on the front, as I don't want anybody having probable cause.
weird, I live in Thousand Oaks and have never been pulled over for tint...knock on wood.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #48
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What did all you guys pay to have your windows tinted?
i think I payed around $80
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #50
Banned
Kirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKirk1589 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
Kirk1589's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by File IFR View Post
You can go darker than the 35% minimum.... You'll need to fill out an DMV application, a letter from your opthamologist, application goes before the board; blah, blah, blah.
Yup I had that on my last truck. You receive a sticker that goes above inspection sticker. I have had 2 corneal flash burns. I had 2.5% front, 2.5% over factory rears, and 35% on the entire windshield.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #51
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
When you guys say "5%" or whatever, is that 5% on top of factory tint or it came out to be ~5% total?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #52
Mpgillespie is on a distinguished road
Army: Blackhawk Helicopter Mechanic
Mpgillespie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When you guys say "5%" or whatever, is that 5% on top of factory tint or it came out to be ~5% total?
I put 5% over factory front (which is basically non existent) and 15% over the factory rear making it almost as identical to the shade as the front windows
Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #53
ARTaco06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
ARTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
I have 3% all the way around and 50% on the entire windshield w/ a 3% 8" brow ,I love it. I've had two tickets in the same area, not where I live, after the second I went back legal (30% here in Arkansas) for about a year couldn't stand it anymore and went back dark
Old 01-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #54
dlooney has a spectacular aura aboutdlooney has a spectacular aura about

Name: Dennis
dlooney's Tacoma Gallery
Legal tint in NC is 35% everywhere except windshield. I have 20% factory on the back windows, and as soon as it gets warmer probably gonna get 25% on front. Do you guys have to remove and re-tint every time you get inspected though?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #55
98 yota power is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
98 yota power's Tacoma Gallery
pa law is 70% i got 5% all the way around and windsheild strip thinking about getting the rest of the winsheild done in something lighter than 35 or higher. but im going to see if i get hassled going to wait a few months
Old 01-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #56
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
i have 5 on every window except windshield. 5 front doors, 5 over factory back doors, 5 over factory rear window.

my 07 was same deal plus 32% on the full windshield
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #57
blisters
dubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the sheddubbedSinner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dubbedSinner's Tacoma Gallery
I took a couple pictures

Old 01-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #58
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
35% sides, 20% rear, rear sides, and windshield banner no more than 5"

Anything else (in this area) is illegal for good reason
Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #59
JRob33 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Barksdale AFB
Name: Josh
JRob33's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5% all the way around, 35% on the whole windshield with a 5% percent strip. I have only been stopped once and that was a Mississippi State Trooper that let me go. Knock on wood that I don't get messed with. Oh and I've had it this way for a little over a year
Old 01-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #60
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery

5% on the back, 35% on the front, 40% on the windshield with a 5% brow had 5 all the way around but got pulled after like three hours