1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any interest in viewing an intensive classic Porsche paint correction and detail?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by JeanClaude, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Jan 8, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    JeanClaude

JeanClaude [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Prerunner
    This is something I would like to share with you guys.

1987 Porsche Widebody Cabriolet

For your viewing pleasure I included a video highlighting the paint correction and a separate gallery that sorta fills in the gaps.

All surfaces were cleaned and conditioned. Paint was Opti-Guarded after correction. All video portions were after alcohol wipe downs. I have a video that shows off some serious holograms generated with my rotary on one of the hardest hit areas. If there is any interest, I am happy to upload it. If anything, it may be a good option for educating people on what specifically holograms are as sometimes it can be hard to articulate in words what they are and pictures can struggle to fully capture how they look while moving.

I would like to note that if you watch closely you will see just a few spots where there was a scratch remaining. We discussed the option to track down and remove every single scratch(the ones not through the paint) but he was very happy with the level of correction attained with machine compounding and polishing. Spot wet sanding was not something he was interested in.

Sorry for the disappointment. But we finished up about 9:30 at night and after many days on this automobile, it was time to go and there was no way to get sun shots.

Paint Correction(for best viewing, change to 720p):
    Porsche Widebody Cabriolet Paint Correction - YouTube

Photo Gallery:
    Porsche Widebody Paint Correction and Detail - Imgur

If any of you ever need an expert's paint correction advice, feel free to reach out to me. I love helping other car/truck guys out.

2. Jan 8, 2013 at 4:27 PM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
  3. Jan 8, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    Nightstr

Nightstr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Felipe
    Sacramento CA
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner sr5
    BLHM BLWM 3" TOUGH COUNTRY LIFT TRD SEAT COVERS THULE RACK M/T KM2 265/65/16
    Wow! Turned out nice.

Products Discussed in

To Top