Notices

Fender Flare Help

Old 02-02-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
05DoubleTaco is on a distinguished road

05DoubleTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Fender Flare Help

Looking for a fender flare for my 05 Tacoma. Short bed

I found this one on ebay:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...Q5fAccessories

Didn't know if it could be painted to match... Any ideas?!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the quick response.

Does the one I posted look legit? Not sure what you mean when you say textured or not... I know the non SR5 models come with the flat black textured, not what I'm looking for. However, if you think that one can be painted to match my TRD BSP model, cool.

What did you do when you needed yours?
Old 02-02-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05DoubleTaco View Post
Thanks for the quick response.

Does the one I posted look legit? Not sure what you mean when you say textured or not... I know the non SR5 models come with the flat black textured, not what I'm looking for. However, if you think that one can be painted to match my TRD BSP model, cool.

What did you do when you needed yours?
some are textured, that is to say more of a rough look and feel, while others have a smooth finish like the rest of the paint on your truck.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #5
I see you now..................
longbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shedlongbow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
longbow's Tacoma Gallery
They state it is the real thing.
When they did mine they replaced everything. As for texture, some seem to have more than others ??? But I am sure the shop can prep to match the others color and looks wise.
They all come black, and are painted the truck color at the factory. When I messed up mine, the paint came off to show the black material underneath.
With a good shop, don't think you will have any issues.
Good Luck.........
Old 02-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #6

Seller emailed me saying it is a rougher finish non trd model.

Thought it could be painted...

I would imagine the body shop would sand it and paint anyway right? Should I take the chance?

Body shop quoted me $307 for the flare, so this would save over $200...
Old 02-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #7
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05DoubleTaco View Post
Seller emailed me saying it is a rougher finish non trd model.

Thought it could be painted...

I would imagine the body shop would sand it and paint anyway right? Should I take the chance?

Body shop quoted me $307 for the flare, so this would save over $200...
I'm sure they can paint it, but how much do they want for the paint and labor?
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a good deal. I would have more issue with the loose clip that "can be easily fixed" more then the texture.

I agree with above that the body shop can paint it smooth.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #9

$307 was just in the part.

Paint was an additional cost. Not sure how much, have to look at the estimate. And, thats outside in the truck! haha
Old 02-02-2009, 03:51 PM   #10
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if you can sand them smooth.

Here is another thread that had the opposite problem

Fender Flare
Old 02-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
I don't know if you can sand them smooth.

Here is another thread that had the opposite problem

Fender Flare

Linky no worky