Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Interior question

Old 02-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
Head of the MASTERS CIRCLE
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

mar_ga_rita's Tacoma Gallery
Interior question

Alright... not a leather guy... always had material seats... well my tacoma has it in it... how often do you condition it... also how often do you armorall the dash... I use a Sun Shade when I park in the sun... just want the dash n seats to look good for a while
Old 02-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #2
wizo is on a distinguished road
wizo's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on the color of your leather and the abuse it gets your condition time will vary. Now you will also need to clean the leather prior to conditioning it. My taco does not have leather but my Benz did and I would use Lexol leather cleaner and their conditioner to care for my leather. I would clean and condition every 3 months and after 11 years the leather is in great shape.

Also please do NOT use armorall I suggest a product like 303 or Lexol Vinylex. I have used the Lexol product for 7 years now and my Benz dast still looks like new even in the Florida sun.

Take a look at http://www.properautocare.com/ they have the products I mentioned but also multiple how-to articles that have helped me a great deal.

Also info on the Lexol products can be found here: http://www.lexol.com/
Old 02-02-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
x2
Armor-All is yuck.

I also recommend Aerospace 303.

Can be purchased at your local Checker/Schucks/Kragen store.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:18 AM   #4
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

damn... already bought armourall....
Old 02-03-2009, 07:36 AM   #5
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Spray it up in the wheelwells. Makes it shiny black and can't do any harm (don't get it on your rotors).
Old 02-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #6
LEEP is on a distinguished road
Name: LEE
LEEP's Tacoma Gallery
303 is # 1 in my book
Old 02-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Spray it up in the wheelwells. Makes it shiny black and can't do any harm (don't get it on your rotors).
Its wipes
Old 02-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #8
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar_ga_rita View Post
Its wipes
Old 02-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
I used to detail cars and that is what I used then.... just didnt know how often to actually do it... used to tell customers about every 3 months... lol
Old 02-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #10
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Its wipes

Give them away. And get some 303
Old 02-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
Give them away. And get some 303
and what is 303... dash or leather cleaner?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #12
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Its mad to be used on both. I was turned on to it ten or so years ago and find it to be the best.

www.303products.com
Old 02-03-2009, 09:31 PM   #13
wizo is on a distinguished road
wizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
and what is 303... dash or leather cleaner?
303 is a protectant not a cleaner. To clean my dash I use warm soapy water and a well rung out wash rag. Then dry the dash thoroughly prior to applying the 303 protectant. I like to use a microfiber applicator on the dash and interior plastics then wipe the excess of with a microfiber towel.

Cleaning and conditioning your leather is a bit different. Just follow the instructions on the Lexol bottle and you will be fine. If you have soiled or light colored leather you may want to get a boar’s hair scrub brush. I used this on my beige leather to clean the creases and crevasses.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #14
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, Armor all makes a good cleaning wipe. It's not like their oily smelly shit, but it's what I use on my dash, and interior. It's soaks in tons of dust and dirt. A shocking amount. Then I can use a protectant of choice. Mine is a 2006, and when people get in my truck they say to me, "Jesus, everything looks and smells like new." I take that with pride.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:49 AM   #15

Armor All makes pretty good tire shine in a can. Cleans all the crud off without scrubbing and gets the tires black but not shiny. So not all their stuff is yuck.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
+ 1 million for 303. It's the shiznit.

If you reading this, do youself and never use AmourAll.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #17
Wax nostalgic.
Jon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to allJon M is a name known to all

Army: Commo - 31U. Ft. Benning, GA.
Jon M's Tacoma Gallery
I use Black Magic on the dash.