Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Undercarriage Cleaning??

Old 01-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
icallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really niceicallhertaco11 is just really nice
Name: Jamie
icallhertaco11's Tacoma Gallery
Undercarriage Cleaning??

Hey guy's I was wondering how many of you wash, or clean the bottom of your truck, or just skidplates. If so what do you do?

Also does anyone clean under the hood??
Old 01-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #2
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
I just spray it off with the hose as I'm washing the truck.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Depends on what I have been doing. Normal cleaning I don't even bother with soap and water under there. I'll check bolts and grease as needed, but that's about it.

After an offroad trip...I'll throw a sprinkler under it or get under it and clean out as much as I can. Right now- all my skid plates are on the floor of the garage while I'm working thru post trip repairs and cleaning.

I'll wipe down under the hood now and again, but really only major debris and mud...
Old 01-28-2013, 10:33 PM   #7
fcboos is on a distinguished road

Name: Frank
fcboos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Depends on what I have been doing. Normal cleaning I don't even bother with soap and water under there. I'll check bolts and grease as needed, but that's about it.

After an offroad trip...I'll throw a sprinkler under it or get under it and clean out as much as I can. Right now- all my skid plates are on the floor of the garage while I'm working thru post trip repairs and cleaning.

I'll wipe down under the hood now and again, but really only major debris and mud...
Im going to have to try this.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #8
I love snow!
chipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shedchipnoreo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Girdwood Fire Department
Name: Anna
chipnoreo's Tacoma Gallery
I pressure wash my undercarriage about once a month... especially in the winter.

I go around the truck and spray the frame and suspension parts I can get to from each side. Seems to work pretty well.

We have lots of shit on the road that will eat up the bottom of the truck here though....
Old 01-30-2013, 12:35 PM   #9
radredtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
radredtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I wet down the underside the best I can with my pressure washer then I spray Meguiars APC+ on the frame and undercarraige then rinse with pressure washer. I then use my leaf blower with an extension on it and blow underneath to get the water out of those hard to reach areas espically when its cold. The rest I just let air dry. Lastly I dress wheel wells, tires and frame (the part inside the rear wheel wells) with Meguiars water based dressing. I love that stuff! Im looking into buying some fluid film though to try.