1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Undercarriage Cleaning??

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by icallhertaco11, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Jan 15, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    icallhertaco11

icallhertaco11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner v6
    Engage Long Travel 6 over with race spindles. 2.5x8 sway a ways wrapped in King Coils.
    Hey guy's I was wondering how many of you wash, or clean the bottom of your truck, or just skidplates. If so what do you do?

Also does anyone clean under the hood??

2. Jan 15, 2013 at 12:23 PM
    FrankNasti

FrankNasti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Anywhere the Army tells my wife to go.
    Vehicle:
    Subaru Forester
    The toddler and baby seat mod.
    I just spray it off with the hose as I'm washing the truck.

3. Jan 15, 2013 at 12:27 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Depends on what I have been doing. Normal cleaning I don't even bother with soap and water under there. I'll check bolts and grease as needed, but that's about it.

After an offroad trip...I'll throw a sprinkler under it or get under it and clean out as much as I can. Right now- all my skid plates are on the floor of the garage while I'm working thru post trip repairs and cleaning.

I'll wipe down under the hood now and again, but really only major debris and mud...

4. Jan 15, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    icallhertaco11

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner v6
    Engage Long Travel 6 over with race spindles. 2.5x8 sway a ways wrapped in King Coils.
    Alright, now when you do spray under, wouldn't that leave rust??

5. Jan 15, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    No more rust than when I drive in the rain...

6. Jan 15, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    icallhertaco11

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner v6
    Alright bro thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it.

7. Jan 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    fcboos

fcboos Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    League City, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2006 prerunner
    Revtech 3"
    Im going to have to try this.:mudding:

8. Jan 29, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    chipnoreo

chipnoreo Ready for snow!

Member:
    First Name:
    Anna
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Ram Eco Diesel
    Getting 30 mpg on the highway
    I pressure wash my undercarriage about once a month... especially in the winter.

I go around the truck and spray the frame and suspension parts I can get to from each side. Seems to work pretty well.

We have lots of shit on the road that will eat up the bottom of the truck here though....

9. Jan 30, 2013 at 12:35 PM
    radredtaco

radredtaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Bergen County NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 access cab SR5 red
    I wet down the underside the best I can with my pressure washer then I spray Meguiars APC+ on the frame and undercarraige then rinse with pressure washer. I then use my leaf blower with an extension on it and blow underneath to get the water out of those hard to reach areas espically when its cold. The rest I just let air dry. Lastly I dress wheel wells, tires and frame (the part inside the rear wheel wells) with Meguiars water based dressing. I love that stuff! Im looking into buying some fluid film though to try.

Products Discussed in

To Top