Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

How to color emblem?

Old 01-24-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
SupremeDeluxe is on a distinguished road
Army:
SupremeDeluxe's Tacoma Gallery
How to color emblem?

I would like to color or blacken the "TA" on the TACOMA emblem. I prefer to do this without taking the emblem off. Any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Plasti-dip. You can buy a can of black from home depot for around $5-6. It is nonpermanent and can easily be removed. Do a search on it. Its amazing stuff. Just tape off around the lettering you wish to coat, and ALOT of area around the letters because of over spray, and it turns out great. Did it to all my emblems and it has held up great to several hand washes, off roading, bad weather, and heat. If it starts to peel or chip, pull it right off with your hands and reapply a new coat. I recommend at least 3-5 light layers for better durability and easier removal. Will not damage the chrome underneath.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=124474