Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

List the top detailing products you use on your truck(s).

Old 02-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #21
tsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to beholdtsup74 is a splendid one to behold

tsup74's Tacoma Gallery
I've only used chemical guys for the past few years. Amazing products and they have great deals all the time.

http://www.chemicalguys.com/

I use the following
M- Seal
P-40 Polish
Silk Shine
Pete's 53

But i think the #1 best item is their Citrus wash and gloss.

JMHO - Not trying to steer, just past experience.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #22
Reads more than posts
sofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsofiasdad11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
sofiasdad11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 View Post
What do you all recommend for a tire amor all type product? One that won't brown out tires.
have tried many and found meguiars tire gel, not spray, is the best overall. long-lasting and will not disturb one's natural tire finish, other than make it pretty shiny, if only for a little while. messy, yes, requiring a tire-applicator to apply, but well worth the time and effort
Attached Thumbnails
List the top detailing products you use on your truck(s).-p84747z.jpg  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #23
Zombie Hunter.
evanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Evan
evanwile's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is a princess.. and I am anal about keeping her polished (Judge away)

Wash - Whatever soap is on sale at Canadian tire (use the 2 bucket wash method)
Clay Bar - Meguiars quik detailer with a medium cut clay bar.
Polish - As needed (3m system)
Wax - Collonite's 835 insulator wax (this stuff is amazing, lasts for MONTHS)
Tires - Pinnacle Gel Tire Shine
Wheels - Detailers Pro Wheel Wax
Interior - Detailers Pro Cleaner / Detailers Pro Surface Protectant
Glass - Detailers Pro Krystal vision glass cleaner

Think thats it... Autogeek.net is where I get it all from. Great site.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #24
radredtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
radredtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Exterior:
Carbrite compounds
Carbrite Power pak glaze
Meguiars M105 + M205 (for HEAVY defects)
Meguiars Ultimate Compound + Ultimate Polish (My go to products!)
Carbrite Foaming Wash Concentrate (wash soap)
Carbrite HD wheel Cleaner
Mothers Cleaner wax
Meguiars #26 High tech yellow wax (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
Creme polish spray wax (have no idea who makes it lol) (Use it after every wash)
Freedom Waterless wash (for the winter to remove dust and light dirt/salt)
Meguiars ultimate spray wax
Mothers chrome and aluminum polish with powerball
Porter cable 7424xp DA buffer with 5.5in Lake country flat buffing pads
Meguiars smooth surface clay bar
INTERIOR:
Folex (for carpet stains) (highly recommended!)
Meguiars APC+
Meguiars Water based dressing (diluted 1:1 for interior, 100% for exterior)
Super clean degreaser
Resolve low foam shampoo for exctrator

I highly recommend all these products espically the Meguiars. I have tried a lot of products and these are my faviortes. The Meguiars APC+ and water based dressing are from their detailer line. Im sorry but Carbrite products can not be found in stores, you must find a distributor near you to purchase. I get all my stuff from Auto geek.net
I do detailing on the side lol and its a passion.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #25
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Undercarriage/Engine/Wheel wells/behind the wheels... Every wash

Car wash soap... Every other week (weather permitting)

Clay bar... Once every 6 months

Polish... Every 2 months

+

Wax... Once a month (weather permitting)

Tire shine... (When it needs to be re-shined after washed)

Lights... When necessary

Bed/Other black plastics... When not lazy

Dash/door panels... whenever necessary

Seats/Carpet... Any other recommendations?

Glass... When necessary

Drying everything... Microfiber towels are a must.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #26
ace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedace96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ace96's Tacoma Gallery
I have used different clay bars...not settled on a brand.
Amazing Roll Off is great for brown tires
Adam's polishes and pads with my porter cable
Adam's carpet & upholstery cleaner (bought gallon for carpets in the house)
Adam's Brilliant glaze
Klasse all in one sealer
Adam's Americana wax
Adam's undercarriage spray
Adam's In and Out spray- works great on plastic
Wheel Wax
Adam's Super VRT- does not seem to turn tires black
Adam's all purpose cleaner- great for bugs and tar
303 on interior
Mothers carnuba wax

In case you can't tell I really like Adam's products. All have worked well for me. Tried plenty of products that don't work.

Mequiars mirror glaze works well too along with lake country pads for porter cable. I just prefer the simplicity of the Adam's system cause its color coded to the proper pad. Eliminates guess work for pad/polish combination.

Avoid Dp tire gloss gel and Optimum opti-bond tire gel unless you want brown tires.

Avoid Poor Boys Trim Restorer. It contains petroleum distillates. Really did a number on the plastic on my old truck.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #27
radredtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
radredtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithCamera View Post
Undercarriage/Engine/Wheel wells/behind the wheels... Every wash

Car wash soap... Every other week (weather permitting)

Clay bar... Once every 6 months

Polish... Every 2 months

+

Wax... Once a month (weather permitting)

Tire shine... (When it needs to be re-shined after washed)

Lights... When necessary

Bed/Other black plastics... When not lazy

Dash/door panels... whenever necessary

Seats/Carpet... Any other recommendations?

Glass... When necessary

Drying everything... Microfiber towels are a must.
I really wouldn't recommend using Ultimate compound every two months... Espically since it seems like you are caring for your vehicle well and using microfiber towels etc... Try a finishing polish. I try to maintain my finish weekly and polish it as little as possible, i feel theirs no need in removing more clear than necessary.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #28
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by radredtaco View Post
I really wouldn't recommend using Ultimate compound every two months... Espically since it seems like you are caring for your vehicle well and using microfiber towels etc... Try a finishing polish. I try to maintain my finish weekly and polish it as little as possible, i feel theirs no need in removing more clear than necessary.
I'll definitely look into a finishing polish.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #29
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
I am glad my truck is a desert truck. I use water maybe once a month. I have even splurged ad used soap a few times
Old 02-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #30
cvisinho is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
cvisinho's Tacoma Gallery
I used to own my own detailing business back in the day for show cars and I have tried numerous products from different vendors.
Heres a few staples in my arsenal.

-Porter cable 7424 DA
-Menzerna Intensive polish so easy to work with and easy cleanup.
-Klasse Glaze if you want durable and loooong lasting slick shine. Well worth the price. If you use this you shouldnt have to polish your car again for about a year. Just keep it shiney. Best part is you can use carnauba on top to add depth to the shine and you will not affect the glaze at all.
-If you use klasse, Sonus acrylic spray glanz is all you need for a quick detailer between washes to keep it fresh.
-P21S or Pinnacle XMT 180 for a top coat
-If you are lucky enough to have or find Meguiars #16, that should be your winter topcoat over sealant IMO.
-For tires, bleach white spray to clean the grime and "simonize Nitro" tire shine. Stuff lasts forever and doesent sling.
-For wheels it depends on how dirty. I have a seperate wash mitt for wheels that are cleaned often and i use a wash/wax solution to add a little protection.
-Dirty wheels get a solution of soap and awesome in a spray bottle with a brush.
- DP Wheel wax if you want to go the extra mile