LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Am I screwed? Rust Question

Old 02-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Volunteer Firefighter
Name: Matt
tacofire38's Tacoma Gallery
Am I screwed? Rust Question

Hey guys and gals. The other day when i was putting my topper on my truck i noticed some little rust dots on my roof. Upon closer inspection I found that there was also rust in the crack between the roof and rubber pieces that run the length of the roof. I searched and found a couple threads about clay bar but is there a spray or something i can use to get in all the nooks and crannys? Im so worried bout this, i dont want my roof to start rusting really bad and have to dump a wad of cash to get it repainted. Any help is very much appreciated! Help me save my baby from truck cancer. I will snap some pics when i go to lunch.

Edit: Here are pics

Old 02-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Good stuff right here
Old 02-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
Captain Taco
tacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacofire38 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Good stuff right here
Is this safe to spray on my paint?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
Captain Taco

I want to try to stay away from repainting
Old 02-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
Captain Taco

Anyone?
Old 02-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
Captain Taco

Bump?
Old 02-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
Go home Nubbs, street lights are off!
pancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to behold
Name: Pancho
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
Pic?
Old 02-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #8
Captain Taco

Sorry almost forgot. Here yall go

Old 02-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
pancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to beholdpancho is a splendid one to behold
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
You can use rust treatment. Comes in a can. I think 3M makes it. When I go to work I'll find out the product # for ya. Instructions are easy.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
Captain Taco

Quote:
Originally Posted by pancho View Post
You can use rust treatment. Comes in a can. I think 3M makes it. When I go to work I'll find out the product # for ya. Instructions are easy.

Cool thanks man. I just dont want nothing to hurt my paint more than the rust has.

Anyone else have suggestions too?
Old 02-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #11
pancho's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofire38 View Post
Cool thanks man. I just dont want nothing to hurt my paint more than the rust has.

Anyone else have suggestions too?

http://3mcollision.com/3m-rust-fighter-i-08892.html

make sure you sand as much rust as you can. Treat it with the sprayable can. Once you spray it, you cant do anything to it for 24-36 hrs. Get some touch up and once the treatment turns black hit it with th touch up.

If you need to repaint the roof, it shouldnt cost you more than 350-400. If you have anything on top of the roof, i suggest you take it off before you take it to the shop so save some money on R&I. Could always vinyl the roof
Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
Captain Taco

Bump
Old 02-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #13
Captain Taco

Bump anyone?