Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

NXT tech wax 2.0

Old 02-07-2009, 08:11 AM   #1
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
NXT tech wax 2.0

I just picked up a bottle of this and cant wait to use it later today....

Anyone else use this Meguiars wax?

Do I really wanna wax the WHOLE truck then buff off, or do a section at a time?

THX
Old 02-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen that wax and have contemplated buying it... I use Meguiars Gold Class for the truck...

I wax the whole truck and then buff off. Gives the wax time to dry...
Old 02-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, what Del said. I usually wax the whole vehicle, have an adult beverage or 2 or 3 or 4 and then wipe it down. The NXT stuff is the shit, easy on and easy off.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
Head of the MASTERS CIRCLE
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

mar_ga_rita's Tacoma Gallery
I have used Tech Wax since it first came out.... I rub it on.... then wait about 15 minutes.... til it dries then take a cotton clothe and rub it off.... I used to have a maroon silverado and it really made the paint shine.... I put it on everything... chrome windows.... bumpers.... rims... exhaust tip... here is a pic...

and here are some real good pics under the lights of the Superdome for World of Wheels in 2005

Old 02-07-2009, 09:03 AM   #5
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I use it and like it.

I apply to the entire truck so i can't change my mind. Wait about 15-30 minutes and take it off.

Probably takes me longer to apply than remove, due to taking care not to hit the rubber and plastic trims.

If i have time and any ambition left after removal, i will do the inside of the doors and the rims after. Try to at least catch those every other wax.

...used it about 4-5 days ago in 37 degree weather...
Old 02-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #6
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This is hands down the best wax I have ever used. A bottle will last you a loooong time! Wax the entire vehicle and then wipe clean. Use very sparingly and apply with the included pad. I use cloth diapers to "buff" it clean. The adult beverages really help out as well. Do not get this wax on black areas, such as mud flaps, rubber trim, etc. It will not come off. Good luck....it'll look great when your finished!
Old 02-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Good to know -- what I don't like about the gold class is that it's hard to get off... I know a guy that waxes with Rain-X first, and then gold class because it makes it easier...
Old 02-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
thanks alot for all the input people!!!
Old 02-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Turtle Wax ICE Clay Bar and then Meguiars NXT Tech wax
Old 02-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
timinco77 is on a distinguished road
timinco77's Tacoma Gallery
Restoration

So I went out today and bought a whole line of detailing supplies, by Meguair, heard it was good stuff. My truck is really starting to look bad so wanted to make sure I do this in the right order.
1. Wash
2. Clay Bar, road gunk removal
3. Scatch X, Are you suppose to put this stuff all over like wax?
4. NXT 2.0 Wax

Please let me know if that sounds good, i will post before and after pics to.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:56 PM   #12
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
You need to wash after the clay bar and no, the Scratch X isn't meant for putting over the whole truck, just the spots that need it.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #13
thank you very much i could of screwed that up lol
Old 02-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #14
Resident Detailer
mShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I'm late to the party! lol

NXT 2.0 gets very good reviews for an over-the-counter (OTC) wax. It's important to remember that when applying ANY wax or sealant you apply a thin coat. Thin is in when it comes to waxing/sealing. If you apply to much product, it takes longer to dry and it's harder to remove.

It's best to apply NXT to the entire car and wait for it to haze over. For those in humid climates, this hazing process will take longer. When you think it's hazed over, perform the "finger-swipe" test to make sure before starting the buffing process. If you "swipe" your finger over the area and the residue comes off streak free, you're ready to buff off the rest of the residue. If it smears, it's not ready to be buffed off yet.

timinco77 - ScratchX is a polish. Polishes need to be worked into the paint with some "passion" (ie - elbow grease). ScratchX (and other polishes) will look like a creme when first applied, but after you work it into the paint, it should turn translucent. This means the abrasives in the polish have broken down and you're ready to buff off the residue. Polishes don't need to sit on the surface like a wax. Just polish, remove, and move to the next area.

Here's some good reading material for polishing by hand:
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...ead.php?t=7011
*Note: The thread is from 2006 so the products in the video may not be available.

Here's a list of Meguiar's polishes that are available today, and shows the order or aggressiveness:
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...&highlight=m95
Old 02-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #16
Thank you so much mShu7. Great info i plan on doing the truck tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:00 PM   #17
Resident Detailer
mShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
No problem Tim. Always glad to help!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #18
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Meguiars Tech wax kicks ass! Wouldn't use anything else!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:30 PM   #19
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
i use meguiars products on my truck..I usually use a buffer to apply the wax, and i remove it by hand. this is what I come up with

Old 02-09-2009, 07:33 PM   #20
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
wax, with an applicator, the whole truck then use the rest of my energy to terry the wax off