Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Detailing

Notices

Do you have fading black plastic and headlight problems??

Old 02-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have fading black plastic and headlight problems??

Mothers Back-to-Black.

Incedible stuff smells great too!

and now for the headlights......
Old 02-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #2
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
i just used turtle wax ice today for the first time on my fender flares and it worked pretty damn good also
Old 02-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
X2^^^ thats what ive been using for the clay bar.... Liquid Clay.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
[QUOTE
and now for the headlights.....]
you forgot about "lots of rubbing"[/quote]
Its pretty much just like polish..... just get it on there good let it sit for a mintue or 2 and cloth it off with a terry
Old 02-09-2009, 08:33 AM   #5
spaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud ofspaghettiedy has much to be proud of

Army: Ret. USAR Sgt.
spaghettiedy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #6
Resident Detailer
mShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmShu7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mShu7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Its pretty much just like polish..... just get it on there good let it sit for a mintue or 2 and cloth it off with a terry
I'd like to respectfully point out that this is not how a polish works. Applying a polish and waiting does nothing. It needs to be worked into the surface with passion (ie - elbow grease) for it to actually "polish" the surface. Think of polishing like sanding a block of wood. You have to work the media - in this case the polish - to achieve the results you are looking for.

On the other hand, a wax or a sealant does not need to be worked like a polish. Simply apply a THIN coat to the surface, wait for it to haze, and then buff it off.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck by the way! I didnt clarify enough sorry. What i meant by getting it on there good i was referring to like you said polish it with a passion.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:36 PM   #8
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
good thing you posted about the back to black..I just usually use some tire shine I have laying around..Works awesome..I think ill try that stuff next time im out and about
Old 02-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
[QUOTE
and now for the headlights.....]
you forgot about "lots of rubbing"[/QUOTE]

get a mothers powerball mini.......................no rubbing at all.....let a cordless drill do it for ya. i did the lights on the wifes honda accord yesterday...............and they were faded bad. almost back to new now.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it works on anything that is black.... plastic, vinyl, rubber, etc.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #12
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
good thing you posted about the back to black..I just usually use some tire shine I have laying around..Works awesome..I think ill try that stuff next time im out and about
Back to Black works awesome too just no or very little slipping. and does not attract dirt or dust..
Old 02-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #13
09 but I drive a 012 Expedition...
tacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoholic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff...I'm pretty sure
tacoholic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacoholic
The only reason why I hate unpainted plastic parts on cars...they fade bad after a number of years. Looks great when it's new though!
Old 03-02-2009, 12:09 AM   #14
m_yota will become famous soon enough

m_yota's Tacoma Gallery
back to black works wonders but for dull oxidation headlights/tail lights 3m plastic cleaner works awesome, and to shine it up again 3M plastic polish.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #15
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
This stuff looks like it could fix my brothers tailgate handle
Old 06-13-2009, 01:09 AM   #16
xDEADBIRDx is on a distinguished road

xDEADBIRDx's Tacoma Gallery
anybody use this back to black on their fading black plastic fenders? mine look like shit right now
Old 06-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDEADBIRDx View Post
anybody use this back to black on their fading black plastic fenders? mine look like shit right now
Yeah it works great on that..... makes it a DEEP black
Old 06-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #18
xDEADBIRDx is on a distinguished road

xDEADBIRDx's Tacoma Gallery
thanks i'll give it a shot. here some before pixes.. i'll post up after shots when i'm done

Old 06-13-2009, 11:46 PM   #19
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
bedliner FTW
Old 07-31-2009, 09:13 AM   #20
smcgill is on a distinguished road

smcgill's Tacoma Gallery
Question

Will the back to black take out wax marks? You know the oops marks! Sean